Rainbow hospital Hyderabad v/s Fernandez hospital Hyderabad.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by pridelady, Jun 25, 2010.

1. pridelady

pridelady New IL'ite

Hey deepa
    I just want to know what are the charges for c-section in Fernandes because in rainbow they are providing packages like for normal delivery charges are Rs. and for c-section it is Rs.. These charges are for normal privet room excluding baby charges. In normal delivery the package is for 2 days and for c-section it is for 5 days.
    Anybody who knows what are the charges for normal rooms in fernandes for both kind of deliveries please let me know so that i can decide which hospital to choose.

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

3. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

extremely sorry for the delayed response.It cost me Rs 55k for c section.I stayed in the hospital for 5 days on the 2nd floor.The charges vary floor-wise.i think for normal it costs around 30k .The most expensive is the third floor where for c section it costs 1 lakh and for normal Rs 70k...

Deepa.

4. pridelady

pridelady New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Deepa.
    Well as you have been to that hospital personally so can you please tell me what was your experience in that hospital regarding doctors and staff. Also want to know how was the room and other facilities like parking. I am staying in hitech city so Fernandez is very far from our place but if all above mentioned things are fine then we can opt for Fernandez as Rainbow where I am consulting is far more expensive.
    Please give me a quick reply so that i can take my final decision as my due date is coming closer . And also please let me know when did you give birth and which doctor did you consult.

5. enlightened

My second son was born on 3rd Dec.It was a planned c section.I was admitted at 7 in the morning and had my surgery at 9 AM.My hubby was allowed inside the OT.Dr Sharada was my consulting doc as well as my surgeon.In fact most of the docs like Dr Mohini etc are very good.Dr Evita was the main doc but she hands over cases based on their nature to different doctors all of whom are very good and trustworthy.
    You do have parking around the hospital.Not an issue.Rooms are very neat and clean.All the staff,nurses,ayahs etc are very good.You have a phisiotheraphist, a nutritionist, a lactation consultant all of whom come and consult every patient.you are taught how to feed your baby, this i did not find in many hospitals.The physiotherapist teaches you the correct posture,exercises etc.Nutritionist tells you diet appropriate for Breast feeding.you will be given good diet in the hospital as long as you stay there .All this is included in the package.You will be provided with sanitany towels,baby diapers,baby soap,powder etc.but, carry baby clothes.the ayah will bathe the baby daily.my mom stayed with me and because she is a diabetic, she was given special diet.all attendants are given food too.
    All in all the experience was overwhelming.They dont allow lot of visitors which i think is rational because the lady has to recover well.
    Also like most hospitals they dont pester you for money.in fact before you check in there is a lady who counsels you on the room tariffs etc.
    Also the nurses and ayahs are very caring when the baby wails a lot and you dont know what to do.
    I hope and wish you have a safe delivery.Pl let me know if you need any other info.

6. pridelady

pridelady New IL'ite

Thanks a lot deepa, the information you have given will be really helpful in choosing between these two hospitals. So this weekend finally i'll go to fernandez and check it out .
    Thanks again.

7. enlightened

You are welcome dear.Best of luck.When are you due?

8. pridelady

pridelady New IL'ite

Ya I need the wishes now because my due date is coming closer, it in first week of September.

9. purvibamorya

purvibamorya New IL'ite

hi to all,

myself purvi, i m recetly shifted in hyderabad from mumbai, i had 5 month abortion in august2010 in mumbai, because of cervical incompetence,now i want best dr in hyderabad who treat me & give proper care & precaution in my next pregnancy.i am staying at madhapur, which hospital is suitable for me,as i am new to hyderabad, how is rainbow hospital????,it is very near by to my home,but i dont know about the dr's?????

1 of my friend told me to go fernandez hospital, but it is very far from my home around 30 km, is it good for me to travel in pregnancy so long twice/thrice in a month with the stitches.............
    & in case of emergency is it prove good for me to go so long, as i aborted 1 child before. i dont want to take any type of risk again.

please guide me

10. pridelady

pridelady New IL'ite

Hey purvi.....I got delivered in fernds, they tried alot for normal but finally i had c-section. I have been to both hospitals i.e. rainbow and fernandez.. Rainbow is quite hy-fy kind of hospital and in fernandez you will get all the options from normal to hy-fy. And comparing treatment and doctors, I think both are good. This is true that Ferndz is very far from our place as I am also staying in hitech city, so you can try Rainbow and now Rainbow have a branch in hitech city itself so It'll be nearby in case of emergency.
    Best of luck for your next pregnancy.