1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rain Songs

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by GeetaKashyap, Jun 14, 2018.

1. blissfull

blissfull Silver IL'ite

2. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Are sprinklers contrived rain? Mist, haze or even droplets in slow-motion. Arey, one of them should qualify my contribution as a 'rain song' because I adore this song.

How strange that I surrendered with just a wink.
    How wretched that I lost myself in your smile.

That's how the yellow-skirted narrative in the song begins... the retrospected narrative in softened lyrics as the woman recounts the bewildered reasons for her to be in love with the man. Nowhere does she describe the man or reveals what she likes in him but she only insists that he made her feel a certain way about herself which made her fall in love with him.

You have incapacitated me to even think or withhold myself because it all happened in an instant!
    You even muted my self-expression of this allure you have over me.

Further, she is startled that she put up no resistance to his charm. She was drawn to him insanely that refuses to explain itself. She is aware of what he is doing to her and is further aware of how she finds it intriguing that he was destined to make her feel this way. She cutely inquires God how wrathful he must have been to punish her by sending this man her way to charm her over a formative expression that baffles her.

The most aspiring lines and my favorite visual is the heedless kick.

Not knowing the depth to descend with him, I still plunged.
    Not knowing the distance to travel with him, I still chased.

upload_2019-1-25_13-22-28.png

I love the song for the authentic yet insubstantial reasons the woman provides for falling in love with the man -- he made me feel strange, he made me feel intimidated, he precipitated me to insanity for him, he incapacitated me with his smile, he muted me over his fanciful stare, he gripped me, he haunted me, he defied the timeline of falling in love as briskly I realized that he was the man for me. (I adore that portrayal of the gumption in a woman to fall in love over a hunch.)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    Anusuya and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Novalis ,

:worship2: Thank you so much for introducing me to this "Ah! So beautiful" song and also explaining the lyrics so so beautifully. Your excitement and love for this song was palpable. If not for your explanation, my appreciation would have been incomplete as my knowledge of pure Telugu is limited.

4. GeetaKashyap

Dear @Novalis ,

I came across a perfect rain song just now with melodious music and great cinematography. I dedicate it to you.

Film: Majnu

blissfull likes this.
  5. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

That’s a cute road song. The bamboo-cooked food visual in the song aroused me. The shrubby landscape and national parks (earlier song) of India lend themselves well to modestly financed cinematography.

Thanks for the return song.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

Artist: Dalijit Dosanjh

7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

9. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Every girl faces this dilemma at some point in her life: whether to fall in love with her good friend?

Should she? What is the risk if they don't click together? Can she go back to just being friends again?

Girl and boy hesitate of losing each other in the aftermath of split. Falling in love with a stranger over the best friend is a win-loss (lose only lover) rather than a loss-loss (lose both friend and lover) situation. I love the Maana ki hum yaar nahi song for the melted portrayal of thoughtful reconciliation between the estranged lover-friends.

What happens to friends in the aftermath of incompatible love? They resign to their endeared friendship. Cute!

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  10. GeetaKashyap

When good actors perform on screen, they can create a deeper impact. I consider Ayushman and Parineeti as very good actors and the singers, Sonu Nigam and Parineeti Chopra have also done excellent work.