R2I Confusion

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by arunya, Aug 4, 2014.

1. arunya

arunya New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am living and working in Singapore.I am permanent resident of Singapore. I have only 1 daughter who is 10 years old and doing 5th Grade in Indian International school.I put her in that school since she is a only child for me and good to spend her full time in school because other schools have half a day option only.Next year she will be in 6th std.Her aim is to become Doctor .I did a mistake that I joined her in International school.They increased a fees lot .I am working harder to earn for her fees and could not spend time with her .I cannot switch to other schools now ,I am scare that if i switch now it will be difficult for her to adjust in different streams and again switch to India after 2 years .My husband's earning is not enough to pay her fees and my job is not constant also .
    we are paying fees 2000$ per month which is my whole month salary and I am not satisfied with school's quality also ,I mean not worth of 2000$.We had an Idea to go to India (only me and my daughter )for her 8th standard for her studies so that we can avoid NRI Quota ,but due to her huge fees constraint ,My husband is telling instead of going in 8th std,if you go in her 6th std (i.e next year) she will be able to pick up her studies soon in India and good to score in her 10th std and you no need to work also.
    I am in confusion whether I go to India in her 8th std ( I have to be in stress and work for her fees) or go in her 6th std itself.I don't know which one is best option to proceed.
    If i go India either in 8th or 6th ,I have to stay alone with my daughter .My husband will visit us 3 months once,I cannot depend on my inlaws and parents always.So I am going to take full time house maid to stay with me.But i am scare whether I will get full time maid in Chennai.

FYI ,My husband will come and settle us after her 12th std in chennai.
    Ladies ,please help me to get right choice.

Thanks in Advance.

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Arunya

Some difficulties are best tackle with through thinking. In your case it would best prefereble to make shift as your daughter can start well from 6 th std and can score well in 10 th ( as said by your DH )

Think with future insight and take right decision.