Qusetion about who should perform the homa ritual?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by vasavi84, Sep 13, 2011.

1. vasavi84

vasavi84 New IL'ite

Hello friends,

My hubby and myself performs Homa every year @ our home.Last year we both sat together and performed the homa rituals and by god's blessings we had got good results.But this year,my hubby's sister and her husband are planning to join us in the homa ritual which will be performed in our home.Even my MIL is supporting that her daughter and son-in-law should also perform the ritual along with me and my husband.

I just wanted to know whether it is religiously correct?

I somehow have the strong feeling that only me and my husband should perform the homa rituals @ our home for the well-being of our home.I am OK to spend the money separately for them(My SIL and her husband) to perform the homa separately in their house to get the god's blessings for their well-being.
    Please suggest me what is correct.

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Talk to a priest. I think only one couple sit in front of the homa kunda and perform. But when you take sankalpa you can recite all the family members name and nakshatra. Once you talk to the priest who will be performing tell your mil the priest's advice and say you are performing according to his advice.

3. vasavi84

vasavi84 New IL'ite

4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Welcome your sil and her husband. Talke to the priest. As far as I know it is ok to have people with you when Homams. Homams are doing for the benefit of peace, health and wealth. What is ht euse of doing it if you make your MIL unhappy? Weather you like it or not, Sil is important part of your DH's life. If they are happy, that is great for you. otherwise, it is too much of headache. ( Persoanal experience)

Whenever you do it, do with open mind. Good luck.

CL

sindmani likes this.