1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Quid Pro Quo With The Gods

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 20, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Iravati
    Morning songs (626)
    Here is an awesome morning song with excellent visuals. Can you identify the language?
    Classic singers say that the morning ragas are the most peppy to make a colourful beginning for your day.

2. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    On Food (627)
    A friend of mine would often say that cooking food is a lot easier than clicking it. He would say that the picture should be inviting enough to make you go for it! I loved the pictures that you have appended. Are they your own?
    My mum would say that even the tastiest food would be unpalatable if not served well. Here are some award winning food photographs for you! Names of food items should also be attractive enough to make you want to go far it. Tiramisu for instance has almost become my staple diet only because of its attractive name!

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Super Sir. Thanks and Regards.

4. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    On Ageing (628)
    Precisely. It has, of course, different connotations at various stages of life. Pure nonsense is not easily attainable within the short span of our life. As you age, you inch closer to the quintessence of nonsense than in an earlier age. At my mid 70s, I have a greater awareness of my nonsense than in my youth. Nonsense gets almost spiritual when nothing material seems to matter to you. Take the cases of the three great Saints of Tiruvannamalai namely Seshadri Swamigal, Ramana Maharshi and Yogi Ramsuratkumar. I have had the good fortune of spending time with the later two. Ramsuratkumar with an ever alight cigarette in his hand was a sight to behold. There used to be a huge mountain of currency notes left by his devotees in front of him which he never touched. Seshadri Swamigal behaved like ravingmad most of the time but people just thronged his place! As you reach the pure nonsense stage, you attain sainthood. I tell you this from my personal experience. When everything in the world appears nonsensical, it shows that you are getting elevated in your spiritual status.
    That was the best decision that I took in my life. My continuance in the bank for another 11 years, would have taken me further away from my pursuit of nonsense. You cannot pursue nonsense like the way you pursue scriptures. Nonsense has its root deep within. Just allow it to surface. Pure nonsense is bliss.

5. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    On Movies (629)
    I want to add two more movies to your list. The Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine starrer Irma la Douce as well as the Sleuth starring Laurence Oliver and Michael Caine which I liked most. I am glad you liked RnJ too. Will talk about more favourite movies of mine as we go on.

6. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    Foodies (630)
    Your raving about food made me curious and I browsed for the best female foodies of the world and I got ten names. You know what? There is a South Indian in that group of ten celebrity foodies! And I wondered how they missed out your name!

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Super Sir. Regards.

8. Cheeniya

My dear Thyagu
    That second Super should go to Iravati. The post is hers!
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    More on Nonsense (631)
    I can't agree with you more! There is a Tamil song which talks about building a kingdom in void. For others, he may appear raving mad but kindred souls can see the huge edifice coming up.
    I would love to think it is nonsensical. Absurdity has another dimension altogether. Basically it has no goal. It seeks nothing. It has an extremely short life.
    I am a bit alarmed at this shifting of your stand. There are a million things in the world that make no sense and learned people pursue relentlessly to unravel the mystery of nonsense. But there is nothing in absurdity to pursue with the same zeal. Nonsense is infinite but absurdity has severe limitation. Nobody pursues it with the same zeal with which nonsense is pursued.

10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I bought the appam and spinach florentine from the store. Here's my smoothie muse of the day.

upload_2017-11-10_9-33-38.png

upload_2017-11-10_9-34-6.png

And, the bonus moong daal pancake from last night.

upload_2017-11-10_9-34-51.png

Of course, the rocking song of the day is

I shall catch with our QPQ banter in the night. Yoo-hoo! Yooo-hooo-hoo!