Quick And Healthy Cucumber Chutney

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by ChennaiExpress, Jul 17, 2017.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I have a whole bunch of cucumbers (dunno why, but the food shopper is oblivious to the fact that produce spoils)

Sometime next week (when it's quiet in the house) I'd like to make Cucumber chutney.

The recipes I see online are so unhealthy

Oil!
    Honey?
    Frying!

Really???

And some of them are complicated.

Why do I want to add daal? I just want simple cucumber chutney.

Recipe should use minimal number of ingredients with minimal prep time. However I don't mind keeping something in a stove for few hours.

Thanks!

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Slice into thin circles using a mandolin slicer. And then "sometime next week (when the house is quiet)"... play some soothing music, lie down, and place circles of cucumber on as much of your body as you are able to. Stay put for a couple of hours... or as long as you can. You'd have often seen cucumber slices on the eyes in beauty salons. If you have enough of the vegetable, you can use it on your whole body.

• Cucumber on eyes will revitalize the skin. Any skin cream, or cleanser, that contains cucumber is good for firming the skin.
    • Cucumbers have a subtle, mild skin lightening effect. This is why cucumber on eyes is so often used for the dark circles under the eyes. This skin lightening effect can also make your skin appear youthful and glowing.

3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

How often to put cucumber on eyes for dark circle Small?

Daily?

Once a week?

And I will eat more raw cucumber in salads!

4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Each person('s skin) is different. Only you can find out what works for you. How about everyday, on just one eye? And then you can compare your two eyes in the mirror and let us know how long it took for a perceptible difference.

kaniths, ChennaiExpress and sumzaya like this.