Questions On Karadaiyan Nombu

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Sijo157, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Sijo157

Sijo157 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

My Sister is a first time performer of this Karadaiyan Nombu. So she has some doubts on this and in my home we don't have the practice of doing it. I am posting all doubts here, please guide us friends.

1) Her office timing is from 6.30am to 4 pm IST. So, Can she just start her fasting in the morning and perform pooja in the evening?
    2) Can we use any amman idol for this pooja?
    3) During fasting, what are the items she can have? Or does she needs to follow strict fasting without eating anything?
    4) For the saradu, she planned to make it by applying turmeric on a white thread. Is that Ok? Also can herself tie the saradu around her neck or her husband should do it?
    5) Is there any counts to be followed for keeping the saradu or one for amman and one for herself is enough?

Please guide us

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

1) Her office timing is from 6.30am to 4 pm IST. So, Can she just start her fasting in the morning and perform pooja in the evening?
    This time the cusp of masi and panguni is at 4.30 to 5 in the evening.so she can fast.and do the pooja during that time mentioned.
    2) Can we use any amman idol for this pooja?
    Usually it is kalash that is used. No need of any idols if it is not a practice. Howver she is married and if her inlaws have any practice she needs to practice that

3) During fasting, what are the items she can have? Or does she needs to follow strict fasting without eating anything?

During the fast it depends on the family. Some do eat rotis without salt. Some have porride. We have fruits and milk.

4) For the saradu, she planned to make it by applying turmeric on a white thread. Is that Ok? Also can herself tie the saradu around her neck or her husband should do it?
    Allow the thread to soak in the turmeric. And it needs to dry a little. If her husband is available at the time he can tie the thread or she can do it herself facing east.

5) Is there any counts to be followed for keeping the saradu or one for amman and one for herself is enough?

At home we have an odd number. Sometimes if somebody requests us for a thread because they are in mourning and can't do the pooja we add the request to the number but keep it Odd.

Since she has a full day she can do the pooja with coconut banana betel leaves and tie the thread. The actual procedure calls for making karadai ( a rice flour and red cowpea mixed adai both salt and sweet and a dollop of butter to be offered to the deity)
    You can find the recipe in chitvish or krishnamma's forum here. All the best. No panic and do with your heart. All that matters are prayers and you can also ask for aprada shamapanam for mistakes done unknowingly. Kamakshi(parvathy) is mother.

subrabidha likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

4. thogaimalai

thogaimalai Junior IL'ite

Very well answered Shanvy mam

Shanvy likes this.
  5. LAVANYASHREEM

LAVANYASHREEM New IL'ite

Hi. This is lavanya.. I have kept economic friendly ganesha idol at home on ganesha festival day. But due to some emergency work our entire family went to my Aunt's home. We couldn't perform ganesha visarjan pooja on 5th of Sept 2017.
    So can any one help in finding the correct day and date for ganesha visarjan pooja please help me