1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Questions on carrying infant on flight

Discussion in 'Infants' started by AartiG, May 13, 2013.

1. AartiG

AartiG New IL'ite

Hello Friends

Husband and I will be travlling with our newborn 2month baby girl from IND to AUSTRALIA taking stopover in THAILAND (for 4hrs). So we have 2 legs, first leg os 4.5hrs and second one of almost 9hrs.

I am not sure how do I carry my lil baby on airports?
    1> Do I just hold baby on shoulders? OR need to buy something to carry her?
    2> Once in flight we can have her on lap?? need to purchase some seat for 2month?

Aarti

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hi aarti

instead of carrying baby on your shoulder why dont you buy a stroller...though most airports/airlines provide strollers but still confirm it with the airlines.And pls dont carry a heavy cabin luggage or else you will have difficulty managing the bags and your baby
    and check these threads
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/infants/75272-air-travel-2-3-months.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/travel/94500-travel-5-month-old-baby.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/toddlers/217356-traveling-2-stops-flight-2-a.html#post2799088

2 people like this.
  3. AartiG

AartiG New IL'ite

Thanks Dinny :)

Sorry for asking ...have not much idea about it...
    What type of strollers? any links? Please share

1 person likes this.
  4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    pram is better option then stroller as your child is small.............you can buy a sling which will help to tie the baby to your body & keep hands free...........or a baby carrier which is like a basket & can double as car seat...........check some big toy store & you will get lots of choices............
    in flight you will get baby bassinet to put the sleeping child (but mine refused to sleep on that)
    check website of Fisher Price..........or Mom & me(as in pics)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. AartiG

AartiG New IL'ite

Thanks mahajanpragati and dinny :) this forum rocks! users like you make it special for someone like me who dont know anything about these stuff.

Above "Infant car seat snug ride- pasadena" is only Suitable for use for infants from birth to 13 kgs (approx. 1 yr). Is there any better options for car seat and basket that can be used for infants and toddler (upto 18kgs)?
    Have looked at few links but didnt see any specific items being recommended so please help me :(

6. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

as far as i remember I used the car seat for 3 yrs & my child weighted less the 15 kg till that age though after 1st year we left it fixed as then there was no need to detach & carry the child once he is 1 to1.5 yrs old.........

still you need to check with airlines if the will let you carry it inside the plane.....(mostly strollers & baby carriers are NOT allowed as cabin baggage ) but the sling which attached the baby to your body is allowed(pic 3 in my 1st post to you)

7. Namita2k13

Namita2k13 Silver IL'ite

Since your husband is with you , you will have great help and need not worry much. In some airlines they provide baby seat or some vacant seat but its ok to keep baby in your lap only since child is too small. Travelling alone comes with tensions. If you are breast feeding then its the best as you need not carry any food item or any sterlizer. No worries of any infection by outside water.
    Just keep the baby close to you and covered well protected from jerk, harsh air and sudden climate change

8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Forgot to tell you....
    Its very important to feed the baby during take off and also when the flight starts to descend....this reduces the air pressure diffrence and the subsequent ear pain caused during take offs and landings

2 people like this.