Questions-concerns -Indian OBG/GYN in USA

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by shashiprp, May 29, 2011.

1. shashiprp

shashiprp New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am carrying now and currently stay in Bay area california. My relative recently had baby in a different state and she said Indian Docs in her place always suggest C-section. Is this true ?

1.) My Question is how do i know if my OBG/GYN is really going to suggest me for C-section ? at what trimester do they really suggest to go for C-section ? i want to preferably go for Natural delivery. Do Indian Docs in Bay area really force us to have C-section ?

2.) Does the Midwife give any suggestions on any Doc who might help me for Natural delivery ? Whom should i ask these questions regd which Doc to choose ?

3.) Also i know that the Doc who may deliver the baby might be different from whom i am seeing ? So does the Doc on duty at the time of delivery suggest C-section at the moment of delivery ?

Please suggest as i am worried about these things...

Thanks
    Shashi

2. spas

spas New IL'ite

Hi Shashi,

I don't believe you have anything to worry about at all. I am also in bay area, currently 4 months pregnant and seeing an Indian doctor. She is superb and has assured me she will be personally present for my delivery. I don't beleive any doctor will prescribe C section without explaining why and even if they do, you can always obtain a second opinion. On your first prenetal visit, you can also ask the doctor how many normal versus c section delivery he or she has performed.

I have always preferred Indian doctors because they are better able to understand our dietery habits, which I think is important, specially in pregnancy.

Good Luck!!

3. shashiprp

shashiprp New IL'ite

Thank you spas. can you please privately message to me as to which Doc you are seeing. I will surely check with the Doc regd this...