Question about Santhoshi Mata vrath and Udyapan

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by mvnova, Jun 3, 2010.

1. mvnova

mvnova New IL'ite

I have completed the 16 Fridays of fasting for Santhoshi Mata, but it has been now 18 weeks and I have not acheived any results of my fast. My question is do I keep fasting until I have received the results (in this case, I want to get pregnant)? What if I never get pregnant? Do I keep on fasting every friday until I get pregnant?

has anyone else not acheived their wish doing Santhoshi mata vrath?

2. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi dear. i have done santhoshi matha vrat and my most of the wishes have come true. last friday i finished the pooja. you have to wait dear. you have to fast as how many weeks you have decided. it dosn mean that you need to fast untill your wishes are granted. you finish your vrat and leave it on to mathaa. she ll really grant your wishes.

can you plese tell me how did you follow the vrat:)

3. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pavithra

I have done Vaibhava Lakshmi pooja by keeping fasting. But I have not done this pooja. Can you please guide me how to do this?

4. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear mvnova

Your wishes will surely come true. Don't worry.

You kept the fast and completed the vrat. That is it. Rest all leave it to Santoshi mata. Don't have doubts that your wish will not come true.
    All your wishes will definitely come true. Every case is different. Your time will also come.
    You don't have to fast after completing 16 fridays. Did you finish udyapana?
    You only fast for the number of weeks you have taken vow for.
    Kindly do not have any doubts regarding this or on power of the Mata shree.

All the best.:thumbsup

Regards
    Saras

5. jaimatadi123

jaimatadi123 Senior IL'ite

hi mvnova,

You have done your karma's and now mata rani will fulfill your wish. Leave everything on her. she will plan what's best for you in her own time.

You've fasted wholeheartedly and now don't stress your self for results. just trust her and all will be well..

all the best to you

cheers

6. sadhurika

sadhurika New IL'ite

hi, i want santhoshi mata vratha kadha format & slokas, please send it for me, i want to take that vratham, please guide me.

7. mvnova

mvnova New IL'ite

Pavithra55,

I did puja for 16 Fridays and read the Santhoshi matha katha.
    I ate only one meal which had no sour contents and made and had sweet prasad.

8. prenath

prenath New IL'ite

hi all
    Can anyone guide me in doing santhoshimaa puja? I have no idea what to use if we do not get mango leaves and beetle leaves. is there any way we can do the puja without these? also what to feed children that day( as my daughter eats only rasam or curd rice). can we do puja in the evenings?

9. subrat4dwh

subrat4dwh New IL'ite

Hi Mvnova
    Here this is Subrat, I am belongs to the santoshi Maa Trust, Bangalore.

One thing is very clear that santoshi Maa Vrat is very simple, it is not that complex people used to think.

Only the restriction is to avoid sour that is on friday. Sweets doesn't carry any issue until the flavor is only sweet. sometime what happens, people used to keep sweets for long days which brings sour like taste which is not recommended. And better to have only one time light food that to the vegetables, rice or atta should not been in touch with sour like items.

Hope you might got clarified.

Thanks
    Subrat Parida

10. srimrk

srimrk New IL'ite

Sairam Subrat Parida

I need some details regarding this santoshi pooja.if possible do mail me to my id

1. if we are keeping fast for 16 weeks,after udhyapan do we can start pooja for some other wish?

2. As per the rules we should not take sour. Only the person who is keeping fast? or the entire family.

3.My inlaw used do this.i prayed ma that I will do this for three weeks .as my kid faced some issue once she born
    then maa accepted my prayers and she is alright. same time I prayed for my mom's health for another 3 weeks.by maa's grace amma is healthy now.
    my inlaw after her vrat she used to pay in mandir for udhyapan.so today I started my fast for three weeks.
    she said that3rd week we will pay for udhyapan.do we need to do pooja only 16 weeks or we can vow some certain weeks?

(one happy thing is we are moving to florida next month 1st week for 3 months.there is one santoshi mata temple
    I felt happy that I can take her. darshan.)

4.in kalash we fill water after pooja that we have to sprinkle it and rest we ll pour in tulasi.this we can follow if we r india.but in USA what can we do with the remaining water?

5.and do we need to use same coconut for all the weeks which we vowed?

other than these doubts if u have any information pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee do share me.

sairam
    sridevi...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013