1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Query regarding painting a house...

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by mickeymini, May 24, 2012.

1. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Hi friends does anyone of you have an idea about how much it will roughly cost to paint a house in chennai?? The house is around 1000 square feet and it needs to be scrubbed fully and applied patti and then needs to be painted.. If any of you have painted your house recently,please, can you share the details??? Thanks in advance.

P.S: Moderators if my query belongs to some other thread you can please move it to the appropriate thread. I dont know where to post it hence posting it here.

2. kavisur

kavisur Silver IL'ite

It depends on the type of paint u are choosing. If u choose asain paint lusture it will cost 40-50k roughly. You can call a painter and get the estimation done. Get 2-3 quotation and then decide. I had done it and finalised with a painter now and the work has started. All the best.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

it could cost somewhere 40-50k mickey. you can ask asian paints to visit and give you a quotation.. if you use other painters, it depends on the number of quotes also.. get 2-4 quotations.

i painted my house for renting 6 months back and it cost me 25k for a 1400sq.ft house just on the inside, with painting doors, window grils, balconies and staircase railing too. i did 2 coats, but no patti.. and the costs have escalated in the last few months...

4. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Thank you friends for your replies.....:thumbsup

5. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

We've recently asked for the quotation from Asian paints for our flat (1200 sq feet interior painting alone). The quotes come closer to 58k..including labour, material and also patti and 2 coating of emulsion painting. Including all the doors, windows, grills and walls.

the estimates will go up if you choose any design pattern, additional services like crack sealing, the Royal emulsion paint (which they wud give 3 coating) and also if you use any kids specific designs, glossy finish paints for kitchen etc...After including all the additional things it comes closer 68k...

Hope this helps!

6. kittubaba

kittubaba New IL'ite

every paint will have how much area it will cover for a liter or the whole can. Measure the height of your ceiling. Make sure that you know the actual carpet area of your house. In apts a 1000 sft house may actually have 700-800 Sft carpet area. find out the area approx. Check with coverage that the paint will give. Find out the cost of brushes etc.
    What you will get is the amount of paint to be used and the raw-material costs. Once that is done then you will know how much they are charging for labor. In my experience it is upwards of 90% of the cost of project.
    There are sophisticated spray systems etc which are available for just about a lakh which can paint the interiors of an house in just a few hours. Unfortunately our contractors want to make max value as they get a percentage of that as profit.

You would typically not need 3 coats for 99% of paint jobs. If it is new house they may be. For existing homes you dont need 3 coats. Two and at time even one will do. You do need to put primer on wherever you apply patti. Patti will absorb paint differently from a already primed and sealed surface. If you have light colors you only need to prime the wall where patti is applied. This will save you time and material.

7. Mukthar438

Mukthar438 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am doing interior and painting ( INNET AND EXTERIOR) works in chennai . I have recently completed a project " ROCK STONE" at Harrington road chetpet .

You can check my recently completed works and can PM me.

Dizzartt Interiors | Facebook

Thanks