Query Regarding Empty Sac

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Meenu1991, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, i am 6 weeks pregnant and had a scan yesterday. It showed 2 sacs one with a fetal node and yolk and the other sac was empty. The doc has asked me to wait until 8 weeks to check about the empty sac. I am pretty much worried about it. Has anyone faced something like this ??

And also i am having a brown discharge, very less amount. That is also freaking me out.
    When consulted with the doc she said the scan looks normal and i need to check again after 2 weeks..

Can someone pls advice
    Thanks in advance !!

2. Halosandwings

Halosandwings Bronze IL'ite

Hi Meenu,

I was in similar situation. On my first USG in 6th week, I had one gestational sac with fetal pole and another empty sac. On repeat USG on 8th week the empty sac is gone. I did not have any brownish discharge. I was really worried as I miscarried in the past. But now I am 23 weeks and doing good. Twin conception is much more common than seen. A lot of times one of the twins won't make it and disappears. Now we see this more often as we get Ultrasounds earlier and earlier. It is called Vanishing Twin. All the best! I do hope things will turn out better for you. Did they see fetal heart sound in the sac with fetus?

sindmani likes this.
  3. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Yes, when i went to consult my doc for the brownish discharge, she said she could see the cardiac activity in one sac.. since it was only 5 weeks, she has asked me to wait for another 2 weeks..

sindmani likes this.
  4. Halosandwings

Halosandwings Bronze IL'ite

That's a good sign.. All the best!

Meenu1991 likes this.
  5. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you for your response :) made me feel better. Going for a scan tomorrow. Hoping it goes well.

Vasumathy likes this.