Queries, questions about various schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sowjvin, Dec 19, 2006.

Best CBSE School in Chennai

1. Padma seshadri

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. DAV, Gopalapuram

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. NPS, Gopalapuram

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. vbrintha

vbrintha New IL'ite

Anyone live in Pallikarani, Medavakkam? Is DAV opening in Pallikaranai?

Hi,

I have got a flat in Pallikaranai, Chennai. Just wanted to know schools very near to pallikarani. I know that the most popular schools like DAV, PSBB,Ashram, Vaels billabon, Vanavani,Britto, Patrick, John, Sishya, Bala Vidhya, Sri Sankara, American Internation, Abacus, Krishnamoorthy foundation etc.. etc are all around pallikarani in places like Velacherry or St'thomas Mount or in Adayar or Thiruvanmayur.

I know that there are so many threads which talks about schools in chennai, but I want to know if there are any schools IN Pallaikaranai. Few months ago I heard that DAV is opening a school in pallikaranai. Is that true? Also through internet, I found the below list of schools in Pallikarani. Does anyone have any idea about these schools? I need a CBSE school.

1. BAYNES memorial Baptist Chruch and Higher Secondary School
    2. Prince Matriculation School
    3. Jacinth Matriculation School
    4. S P D H Sindhi Model Senior Secondary School
    5. Srujana montessori school

I wanted to put my daughter in a school which is very near to my flat so that it will be easy for her.

Perungudi is pretty near to our place, but the good school in Perungudi which is Abacus is very costly. Also the other school in Perungudi is an international residence school. So, just it is so much confusing where to pur my kid. Currently me and my family are in US and my project might end anytime here.

Is anyone in this forum staying in Pallikaranai or Medavakkam? If yes, where do most of the kids in Pallikaranai or Medavakkam do their schooling (CBSE syllabus)? These information will be of real help for me.

Thank you.

Regards
    Brintha

2. vbrintha

vbrintha New IL'ite

Re: School fee and Srujana Montessori

Hi Viji,

Is there a Pon Vidyashram school in Pallikaranai? I did not know that till today. I did a search for "pon vidyasharam" in indusladies and got few threads where they have indicated that a new Pon Vidyasharam is opened in maxworth nagar in 200 feet road, near kamachi hospital. Now they have upto 3rd standard and they are going to increase it every year.

Also in some threads it is mentioned that the school is not very good in academics. If we ask some localates, we can find out. But I feel that it should be the only CBSE school very near to Pallikaranai. We need to look from that point too. I might not be like PSBB, but the standard shoudl be pretty good.

Do you live in Pallikaranai? Have you got admission for you kids? Please let me know some details.

Regards
    Brintha

3. umaravi2005

umaravi2005 New IL'ite

Re: CBSE Schools Near Velachery, Adambakkam

Deepa,
    I have admitted my daughter in Pon Vidyashram - Valasaravakkam branch - PRE.K.G, we had the interview 2 weeks back but their application form and fee receipt says that they are affiliated to CBSE and I also checked in the CBSE website the school was listed in that. Are you talking about the Injambakkam / Pallikaranai branch???

Regards,
    Uma

4. vbrintha

vbrintha New IL'ite

Anyone familiar with Pon Vidyashram School

Hi,

I am in Pallikaranai and the school Pon vidyasharam is opened in Pallikaranai near Kamatchi Hospital. I know that Pon Vidyashram school has branches in other places of chennai.

Can anyone share some generic information about this school? I do not want any specific information about the school in pallikarani, but want some general information about the old branches which exists in other parts of Chennai. Is the school a good one? Are there any rank holders? Are the kids taken care properly? Do they beat kids? Are the classrooms comfortable for kids or is it too crowded? Is this school in standard with other schools like PSBB or can you compare this school standard with any other familiar school in chennai? Since this is the only CBSE school very close to Pallikaranai, I wanted to know some details about how this school is.

Regards
    Brintha

5. vijikathir

vijikathir Senior IL'ite

Re: Anyone live in Pallikarani, Medavakkam? Is DAV opening in Pallikaranai?

Hi Brintha,
    Do you know Pon Vidyashram school new branch is in pallikarani near Max worth nagar? It is CBSE.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  6. vijikathir

vijikathir Senior IL'ite

Re: School fee and Srujana Montessori

Hi britha,
    I will be in velachery.We are not yet getting admission. Still applying some schools.Do you how good DAV Velachery schools is?

7. umaravi2005

umaravi2005 New IL'ite

Re: Anyone familiar with Pon Vidyashram School

Hi Brintha,
    I have admitted by daughter in Pon Vidyashram, Valasaravakkam branch (PREKG) for the next academic year just 2 weeks back. My cousin's twin daughter's are also studying in the same school for the past 2 years so as far as I have heard from her the school is good but we cannot expect the inrfrastructure that PSBB provides in Pon Vidyashram as it is has just completed 7 or 8 years. The only solace here is it is sharing PSBB's brand name and the teaching methodologies will be similar to that of PSBB.

Regards,
    Uma

8. geethasadish

geethasadish New IL'ite

Re: Vana Vani Matriculation Review...

hi viji,

i am also looking for a feedback abt vanavani matric..

we are planning to settle down in velachery/madipakkam or nearby area in abt a yr

people pls help

9. Freedom_life

Freedom_life New IL'ite

Brindha,
    There is a international school called wales billabong in neelangarai.. it is a international school. I heard that they ply school vans to pick the kids.. I stay in a flat in pallikaranai, this place s kind of remote and no much school here.. so you need to think f some schools either in velechery or in old mahabalipuram road.

10. vbrintha

vbrintha New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Pallikaranai does not have good schools. Vaels is a bit costly. I want to put my daughter is schools like PSBB or Bala Vidya Mandir where the academic is good and have nominal fee.

If I am in chennai, I would have gone and visited the Pon Vidyashram school. Only yesterday, through indusladies threads, I came to know that they have opened Pon vidyashram branch in Pallikaranai and they have till third standard now. They will be opening other standards soon. Most of the comments regarding Pon Vidyashram says that their education method is good, but the infrastructure is bad. Also people have complaints that teachers do not listen to parents concerns.

Regards,
    Brintha