Queries about healthcare: Gynae, Pead, Dentists and GP!

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Singapore' started by nirmiti27, Jul 2, 2007.

1. rashmi09

rashmi09 New IL'ite

Any good doctors for treatment of PCOD?

Hi all

One of my friends is suffering from PCOD(poly cystic ovarian disease).She couldn't conceive because of this problem.Is there chance of getting pregnant in spite of having this problem?I know there are good gyneacologists here.But I want to know if there is any good gynaecologist who can give treatment for PCOD.Also want to know has any one succeeded with treatment.Please let me know if there is any good doctor for this treatment.

Regards,
    Rashmi.

2. ramyavk

ramyavk New IL'ite

Re: Any good doctors for treatment of PCOD?

hi Rashmi,

im suffering from irregular periods for the past 3 months. v counsulted a gyn here in dubai, and jus last month v diagnosed even i have PCOS(Poly cystic ovarian syndrome). which is, EGGS not getting released from ovary, on every 16th day of periods. which might be dute to my slightly elevated levels of TSH(thyroid). Chances of conceiving is very minimum in this condition. however, nothin to worry dear. my gyn has prescribed me tablets to control this, and she said this is DEFINITELY CURABLE. so, in my opinion, a regualr gyn should b able to handle this PCOS. wait for other experienced ladies' words too.

-ramyaVk.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  3. Elankavi

Elankavi New IL'ite

Weight Management program

Hi

Anybody go <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">London</st1:place></st1:City> weight management? Reply me.

Kavitha

4. nithy07

nithy07 New IL'ite

hi,
    I am consulting dr urmila in orchard but my problem is due to miscarraige in 5 months due to pre rupture of membrane u can consult her becaz i find lots of people are coming there for various other reason.

5. archana820

archana820 Bronze IL'ite

hi
    i also have PCOD now i have 7 year old son. i took my treatment in chennai dont worry go to any good doc you will be fine. tablets will help you get pregnent.

6. rashmi09

rashmi09 New IL'ite

Hi

Ramya n Archana Thanks a lot for your reply.

7. rashmi09

rashmi09 New IL'ite

Hi Nithy

Thanks for your reply.But I heard that Dr.Urmila is quite expensive.That's why in search of some other doctor.

If any one know about other doctors who can deal with this problem please reply.

8. shakarika

shakarika New IL'ite

I have PCOS too and currently have a 3+ yr old gal. I saw a gynecologist Dr. Christine in SGH but she has gone private to Mt. Elizabeth Hospital 3 yrs ago (I am not sure of her current status). You could see any gynae in KKH/SGH/NUH..... and i think the prices here should be lesser than private Hospitals/doctors.

Not to worry.... I managed to conceive with taking Clomid tablets alone within 3 mths of treatment...but if your friend is overweight i would suggest trying to lose weight first as this problem is also caused by hormonal imbalances.

I was overweight too and always had heavy and irregular menses and was seeing Dr. Christine for that problem. And after marriage she advised me lose weight to regulate my hormones and to increase my chances of conceiving. I lost about 8kg before starting my treatment and i would say that helped.

This is my story but different people respond in different ways and may need stronger drugs..... good luck!

9. shakarika

shakarika New IL'ite

<table width="511" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" height="60"><tbody><tr><td>I found a list of gynae fr this website..... hope it helps.
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td>http://www.baybsupplies.net/gynae.htm
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

10. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Can you please recommend any good pediatrician or children's clinic?My DD is unwell.Nothing serious,but its better to have the information in hand,and my husband is also not in town.Please get back fast!