Queries about healthcare: Gynae, Pead, Dentists and GP!

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Singapore' started by nirmiti27, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Anandindhu

Anandindhu New IL'ite

Cheapest indian gynecologist in singapore

Dear All,

I would like to know about the Indian gyn for full treatment from the begining of my conception to the delivery. Iam still confused evenafter reading others questions and anwers.

And also i would like to know the fees structure of the doctors. It would be more convenient if i get a doctor at cheapest cost. And also about the package systems. Iam a PR.

I delay my conception for these confusions and others opinion regarding the difficulties they face during their conception period.

They all go India for their delivery atlast considering the fees.

Kindly help me.

2. peekyboo

peekyboo Senior IL'ite

chicken pox in kids

Hii all please help,, my boy who is 6 is having chicken pox for the 1st time .its been 2 days,my mum tells me not to bathe him for 1 week and no meat to be cooked in the house. Please mummies out there ,please advise what are the do's and donts.

thanks !!!

3. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

Re: chicken pox in kids

Hi

Dont worry for childen it will not be severe. YOu can take him to a doctor and they may suggest calamine lotion to control the itching and scars. My DD had when she was 6 and it was just for a week. You can spread neem leaves on the mat(straw mat is the best). It has got great medicinal value and you can use neam leaves to control the itching also. Give him plenty of tender coconut juice to bring down the body temperature. Take care.

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Peeky

Dont Panic.

As Suja suggested, bring him to a GP/paediatrician. He will give some anti virals and lotion. Tell him not to scratch the body and it will be itchy so help him using soft clothes. If you have other small kids at home keep them separately as it is infectious. Use separate towels and for washing his clothes use the high temp in washing machine if not soak in hot water for 15 miutes and thenput in washing machine separately. "Hand Wash" ritual before handling any other things in your home including food. Teach him to cover his nose and mouth while sneezing and coughing...to prevent the droplets infecting others.

Generally Hindus avoid cooking/eating non vegetarian food. If you are a Hindu, get some milk from Mariamman temple and give him to drink.

Regarding his diet easy to digest, non oily food, non spicy foods as he will have sores in the mouth too. Lots and lots of fluids. As Suja has pointed tender coconut water helps to replenish the fluids in his body.

Mentally keep yourself strong to support him. Think this way...the infection now will help in building his natural immunity against the virus. Prayers for your LOs recovery soon.

5. peekyboo

peekyboo Senior IL'ite

Hi there ladies,

Thanks for your advise, I really really appreciate. Well yes, I did bring him to the GP, she gave some antiseptic to clean him. but my mum mentioned not to bathe him for 1 week, or just do normal water sponging. NO cooking of meat till its over and she told me to bring him to Mariamman temple on the 7th day. Its the 3rd day today,and he doesnt seem to be popping out too much. The GO did give some antiviral medication.

I am putting neem leaves under his pillow when he sleeps.I am trying to keep my younger boy away from him but they keep playing together. Also the GP told me that its not necessary to wash the clothes separately .

Is there anything else according to Hindu customs that I am missing out ? Thanks !!

6. nithy07

nithy07 New IL'ite

indian gynaecologist

Hi all,
    I am new to this forum i have previous 2 miscarraige the last one is in 5 months due to PROM in 5 months in india i am now consulting DR.urmila babu in orchard which dr can i consult i find her quite expensive for test:bowdown

7. blatha

blatha Junior IL'ite

Re: indian gynaecologist

Hi,

You can try Dr.Annapurna from NUH. She has a clinic in Jurong. My friend is going to her for checkup and found her satisfactory.

Latha

8. vanithaprabu

vanithaprabu New IL'ite

Hi,
    can u give me Dr.Annapurna clinic address in Jurong.

9. nkaviprakash

nkaviprakash New IL'ite

hi, one of my friend went to Dr. Anapoorna at jurong.
    she feel Dr. annapoorna was not satisfatory.
    she had a problem and lost one of her tubes.(Actually for her , she went to
    doctor annapoorna when she was only 45 days carrying, feotus was in one of her tube. doctor gave some tablets for the baby to grow, but feotus grew in tube itself, and her tubes burst, finally she had to remove 1 tube. this happened just 2 months back)

this i witnessed direct.

what my suggetsion would be take advice from some of ur friends before going to her.

10. aravindhari

aravindhari New IL'ite

Hi,

First of all congrats on ur Pregnancy .I would suggest Dr.Sadhana Nadarajah , of KK womens & childrens hospital
    whom i consulted for my pregnancy . She is found satisfactory .

Thanks .

Mrs. Hari :thumbsup