Queries about healthcare: Gynae, Pead, Dentists and GP!

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Singapore' started by nirmiti27, Jul 2, 2007.

1. saranya.27

saranya.27 New IL'ite

@Latha,
    not sure about an telugu speaking gynae here. Will post it here if i know get to know. Sorry :)

BTW I have been to Dr Selina Chua. She is very straight forward and explains everthing in detail so that we dont have any worries or doubts in our mind later.

only one issue with her though - she's very blunt. Her attitude towards me has never been good. But wat to do I have to let it go coz she's very good and cofident about her work & that's wat is more important.

I have been to other gynae in S'pore and found the Dr to be very kind and caring towards me. its makes me feel at ease wen i go to see them.

I am posting it here to make myself feel light as i cant talk all this to my hubby.

2. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I have taken treatment from doctor Vanaja , NUS .She is very kind & helpful.SHe is understanding too.She suggested D & C ,we told her we want to go to India first,she didnt force me at all infact helped me by writting the report for doctors in India.All the best to all of u

3. vijikiran

vijikiran New IL'ite

Re: Pl Suggest good pediatrician (Indian) in Singapore(if possible , tampines)

Can you pl suggest a good Indian pediatrician (If possible, tampines).

Thanks ![/quote]

4. blatha

blatha Junior IL'ite

Re: Pl Suggest good pediatrician (Indian) in Singapore

You can visit Dr. Malathy in East Shore Hospital (5 mins drive from Eunos MRT). She's very good, tamil speaking. It's better to take appointment before you go as it's mostly crowded.

Latha

5. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    We go to Raffles Clinic in Tampines 1(New Mall).There is a pediatrician.she is very good.

Regards,
    Poornima

6. hemapuga

hemapuga New IL'ite

Hi Poorni,

It will work out the same.. only difference is that in chennai you will go 10 times - to the same docotor waste of time and money==> get stressed
    In my experience Dr. Vella - Ang Mo Koi ---> His medicine is slow but effective... you need patience thats all.....

Of course his charge is a bit high .. but compared to other pediatrician he will not give unessary medicine or high fyi medicine.. he will give the simple ones which you can buy off the shelf later... if need be...

Hema

7. sj_akila

sj_akila New IL'ite

Hi
    I would recommend Dr. Chan Poh Chong at NUH Children's Clinic A. He is very kind and quite thorough in his examination. I used to take my son to him. You will have to call for an appointment. No walk-in is permitted.

Hope this helps

8. mbhadoria

mbhadoria New IL'ite

living in east..so suggest good pediatrician near marine parade...

9. Elankavi

Elankavi New IL'ite

Hi nirmiti,

Dont think lady doctor is good. this is my experiance i saw one of the indian lady doctor and spent more than 8000$ sing dollor.finally she say i cannot get baby. i took one year treatment.the result waw zero and she was very rude, i loose not only my money my peace. it was a very bad experiance. after that i saw a doctor name lavan Eshvaran in parklane shopping mall, 5th floor, selegi road.the next month i conceived and i get a beautiful boy baby. the clinic name is Sai Clinic. me also think like u. we can talk the lady doctor farankly. dont think like that. my docotor is very good, my pregnancy is very critical but i dont worry about that. he was take care me very well.now my boy is 10 month old.i never forget him in my life. i worshiped him. u see that doctor. all the best.

10. angayarkanni

angayarkanni New IL'ite

hi friends,can u suggest a pediatrician in cck. i've two kids(5 years old son and 7 months old daughter) and i came back in june after my delivery in chennai. I've not taken my daughter to any of the doctors till now.