1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Qualities of your MIL...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Seby, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Seby

Seby Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends... Usually we will discuss about the problems related to In-Laws here... But now lets talk about the good qualities of our MIL here... Every person has good and bad points... So for a change,lets talk about her qualities instead of complaints... I am very eager to know about the life of lucky DILs out there...
    Firstly, I can start with my MIL... I have many complaints about her but she has good qualities too...
    1. She will help me in household works, not as a help, she thinks that its her duty to do so.
    2. She treats me like her own daughter when my SIL is not with us( Unfortunately my SIL is a divorcee and staying with us, but I am lucky, because of that my DH decides to live separate with me and my DS)
    3. My MIL has many complaints about me, but she likes my parents. Never said anything bad about them other than good things..
    4. Her memory power, she will never forget when we say anything to remember or to do...
    5. Her courage and boldness...

1 person likes this.

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, My MIL is a snappy dresser. In these yrs of my marriage, I have never seen 1 wrinkle in her saree. I have never seen her wear one saree with another saree's blouse. Its always matching saree blouse.Imagine doing that everyday for house wear too. Yes she does that . She was married more than 55 yrs ago but she still has her wedding saree . The saree looks like its in a saree store still looks crisp and new.

MissusShiny, Roopamanju, kma and 2 others like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

My MIL wears a saree in 2 mins, that too very neatly. Not just the saree... she will be ready for any occasions within 2-5 mins. Clearly washed face, some powder, bindi and nicely combed hair. She looks clean, neat and attractive though she is in her mid 50s. Also I like her shaped body at this age. Not even a single curve though she passed her menopause already and became a grand ma.

She is supper energetic. Her kitchen is always ready for any no of people to eat with a very short notice. She wouldn't make faces, or delay. Just on time, the food will be ready.

Very neat person. Although not always hygienic. She will keep her house and garden always neat. Dresses are folded, floor is moped, garden is always clean etc..etc...
    and she does everything single handedly.

1 person likes this.
  4. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

My MIL is very, very adaptive.

For all the situations that my FIL (or life!) throws at her - whether it sudden transfers, or suddenly asking for some dish, or canceling travel plans at the last minute, or helping someone in need - she will handle it all immediately, and all with a smile.

1 person likes this.
  5. sanarthi

sanarthi Silver IL'ite

1. My MIL is a good saver. She will find many ways to save money , fuel , water etc., in which ever area, she will save what ever is possible.
    2. She maintains her kitchen neatly. Every time it will be spick & span.
    3. Good inventory skills with very good memory. She can use it incase she opens a super market.
    4. Though she bad mouth me/ use me as a scape goat, she maintains intimacy with my daughter
    5. She has not complained the dishes i cook in particular.
    6. My MIL is in her 60s and in a town area, where DIL used to decorate the couryard early morning (Before 6). Since i am Working DIL, she has not demanded that from me. As she understands that i take rest only on weekends. We visit her once in a month.
    7. Incase my afternoon nap continues bit more, say till 5.30PM , she will prepare tea for the whole family. She wont grunt.
    8. If my husband helps me, she wont stops. She instead tell my husband to do so.

These qualities makes me to keep silent when she shows up her MIL face. I love her as a good woman, Good lady who sowed good qualities in my husband, Good human overall.

2 people like this.
  6. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

My mil is a gud cook....she wear het saree very neatly daily....her kitchen has almost every spice or tids bits needed...although het kitchen is messed up becoz of this...

1 person likes this.
  7. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

My MIL is a very dignified gentle soul, very compassionate & large hearted person; it's rare to find a person who treats everyone..even the house help with such kindness and respect, which I greatly admire and my husband is very proud of.

She has an immaculate sense of home decor, well acknowledged and admired by all who visit her (our) home. She has a keen eye and handpicks lovely stuff from all over.

She's a great host.

She is quite a cleanliness freak and can't stand mess in any form.

She's a giving person, and never expects anything in return from her son or anyone else; ditto for my FIL. Even if they do, they never express it implicitly.
    Loves traveling and has travelled quite a lot in her life. Loves to enjoy life. Ditto for FIL.

She's a non-intrusive person and so she just lets us be. She does have her shortcomings, but then who's perfect in this world! She's basically a loving soul, and with all her flaws, I can't imagine bad-mouthing her ever.

3 people like this.
  8. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

My MIL suggest ways are really good, bold & have good courage to face any problem and also ready for any no of people to eat with a very short notice , though she is sick. she can handle more than two person work.
    she has good inventory skills, adaptive and had very very good memory power.
    she gets ready very quickly and also make others too .
    she helps people who come near her though these people had badly hurt.

1 person likes this.
  9. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]From the day one of my marriage she has treated me with the same warmth as how she takescare of her son(my DH)
    Till date not once she has asked me to serve myself for lunch or dinner.. Every time as how she feeds my DH, she serves me food though I hesitate saying that's ok am an adult I can Takecare of myself..
    i admire this particular quality of her's - she remembers favourite dishes of everyone in the family ...their likes and dislikes and cook and serve accordingly with a pleasing face..
    she slogs in the kitchen throughout the day from early morning to night just to takecare of all her family's need.. I fight with her saying I will offer my help in washing utensils and extra activies but she has never allowed me to strain myself.. I feel sad and pity for her and somehow I snatch the work and do it whichever is possible for me..
    The entire house will sparkle as she maintains it 24/7..Pooja room is divine as my mil does Pooja everyday and decorates the God with lots of flower..
    kitchen is always clean and ready for unannounced guest also..
    i like her organising skill..she makes sure fridge is always loaded with dosa batter, Adai batter, Chapathi dough etc.. She cleans the curry leaves, mint, coriander leaves then pat dry it .. Now all goes in to a separate box in the fridge.. She does it without fail..
    she is naturally beautiful so 5 mins is all needed for her to get ready..
    whenever we return to India from abroad we ask her every time what does she want from here? Every time she has answered only this.. "Enakku onnume vendam pa.. Neenga rendu perum batharama oor vandhu sendha podhum" - " I don't want anything dear..all I expect is your safe arrival here"
    she has always lived and living for her kids..she doesn't have any desire.. She wants her entire family to be with her.. That's her only wish..
    wherever we are.. Even amidst a crowd of relative she never missed to feed me with breakfast and lunch..
    she pampered me throughout my pregnancy journey and post preg and took care of my son.. Tears are running down as I write this..just no words .. She is a disguise of God is all I can say..I can never forget her heart full service she offered me .. I vomitted she cleaned her hands and floor with no resentments..she did a-z during my stay at hospital..

i should have done some good deeds in my previous birth to get her as my mil and to get married to her son[/FONT]

11 people like this.
  10. Seby

Seby Bronze IL'ite

Really interesting...! Ask her for some tips to keep sarees neatly and for long life of sarees, then share with us.