Qualifications Required For A Psychological Counselor

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by sindmani, Nov 7, 2016.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I had a special interest in human resource papers in my UG ( egineering)and PG( MBA). But now since iam into pranic healing, I learnt more about psychology of people and healing various diseases both emotional and physical in origin. I was working here for few months as a soft skills trainer too.what should I learn to be a professional psychological counselor. Thanks all for ur support. Hope iam Clear with my question .

KashmirFlower and SrDoctor like this.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

My special interest in counselling people motivates me to shift to psychological counseling. As a soft skill trainer I gave lot of motivational counseling for students to speak up. This motivates me. Please guide me . thanks

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

The requirements vary based on where you are. In most places, there is some sort of licensing involved. In the United States, the certification & licensing requirements vary from state to state. In the United States, universities can be a source of certification and licensing information as well. Here is the website of the American Board of Professional Psychology.

You might get better feedback if you clarify whether you are planning a career in India or abroad.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    sindmani, vaidehi71 and sabarimathi like this.
  4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I saw the courses offered by Indian Institute of counselling also.Thanks all .in which ever place iam going to be ( India or USA) , I will try to complete a course. Thanks all for it valuable inputs