1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pure love is a willingness to give without a thought of receiving anything in return.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 23, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I have always been fortunate to have a few people in my life who understand me, share the same values, believe in the same things I do, I call them my friends. In life it is not necessary to have money , if good friends are there that is more than enough. Though I have not been rich in having money but have been rich in having friends right from my childhood. In life we are busy looking for what we want but dont realise that we already have all we need, family,friends and love. Friendship is not how long you have been together . Not how much you have given or received. Not how many times we have helped each other. Its how you value one another.

The present state which I am experiencing in IL I used to experience while working too. I had so many close friends when I was working. I worked for 36 years in the Company but my friends kept changing as they either got married or got a better job. But I was constant. With some I had contacts and with some I did not have. I used to take breakfast everyday to office and have it in office only because I had to leave early from home and there was no time to eat. I always had some friend to give me Company during breakfast. Sometimes a friend will be pregnant and they always loved my idlis very much. So whatever breakfast they used to bring they used to give me and have idli from me. One of my friend used to bring bread with lot of butter or cheese which is healthy but instead of having that she used to have idli or dosa from me. I

I can feel the same thing here in IL. In these six years I have had so many friends, some have stopped coming here but still I have contact with them and with some I dont have contact but always remember them. I always had rich friends , they did not seen what I have but they were attracted by my love towards them. That is real relationship. When two hearts love or like each other they dont see anything . Their relationship grows with the love and affection towards each other.

Friendship is a priceless gift that cannot be bought or sold, but its value is far greater than a mountain made of gold. For gold is cold and lifeless, it can neither see nor hear. and in time of trouble it is powerless to cheer. It has no ears to listen,no heart to understand, it cannot bring you comfort or reach out a helping hand. So when you ask God for a gift, be thankful if he sends, not diamonds, pearls, or riches but the love of real true friends. Thank you my friends for being in my life
    Natalia Love quotes | added by: glensauto14729

The main place for Truth is the Tongue, Love resides in the Heart,
    and Compassion lives in one’s Eyes.

If someone asks, what is the definition of Truth, then stay quiet; this is the illustration of Truth.

If someone asks you to define Love, then laugh a little; this itself is Love.
    If someone asks you to explain Compassion, then let your eyes moisten; this is the meaning of Compassion.

6 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Re: Pure love is a willingness to give without a thought of receiving anything in ret

Good one IV.

So your idli's made more friends than you :)

True love has richness in itself than from the riches that we aspire to have.

2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

Re: Pure love is a willingness to give without a thought of receiving anything in ret

Thanks GG for the superfast fb which made my day. Ya my idlis was very famous everywhere. Liked your quote very much

1 person likes this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Vijima
    just today your daughter was telling me how you never forget to carry a gift for your friends when visiting them.You are so generous.
    i want to taste those idllis too....ahem ahem dont misunderstand...i am not expecting a baby.I just want to taste it.
    Btw me and her talked today too....we will soon break all Guinness world records for "longest calls ever made".
    yesterday she had called me just to ask my PO box and we ended up talking for 30mins.And today....well...we are good friends in just 2 days....thats all i can say.:)

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Dinny dear glad to know that you spoke to my daughter today too. Let your firendship continue forever.

1 person likes this.
  6. Subha2309

Subha2309 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijima,

Somehow, all the posts I feel like opening and reading today are all yours...and all very beautiful. You are so blessed to have such great friends and I am so glad to have known you here.

Lots of love.

2 people like this.
  7. revathysankar

revathysankar Silver IL'ite

HI mam,
    After long time i am reading your post as usal u r rocking. You r blessed with so many frs and well wishers.

1 person likes this.
  8. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Hello Vijima...

A beautiful post as usual.... Friends !!! They are so important in ones life.... You are really blessed to have friends at every stages of your life.... I know here i have to give credit to you for the type of person you are that all want to become your friends...

Three cheers to you and all your friends...

Love
    Swathi

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Subha dear glad you feel like reading my posts, thanks for your visit. Ya dear I am blessed to have so many virtual daughters here who always encourage me.I am also glad to see you here

10. iyerviji

​Revathy dear thanks for your compliments. Ya dear I am blessed to have so many friends , thanks to God