1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pure love is a willingness to give without a thought of receiving anything in return.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 6, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Everyone is unique, beautiful & gifted … But most people never open their package.

Why do we close our eye’s
    when we pray? when we cry?
    when we dream? or when we kiss?
    Because we know that the most
    beautiful things in life are not seen………
    but felt by the heart and soul….

February is a month of celebrations. Half the month of February is for marriages and the other half for thread ceremony. When in abroad they are having a lovely weather , couples in India get married and go for honeymoon abroad. What a nice weather to enjoy the honeymoon. Lucky are those who are married at this time and go for honeymoon abroad.

Not every road to paradise is lined with beauty. But then again, it depends on your definition of “beauty”, doesn’t it?

LOVE is patient, is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud
    it is not rude, it is not self – seeking, it is not easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs, does not delight in evil, rejoices with the truth, always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres & NEVER FAILS…….
    Love is a Beautiful Experience…

February is the month when Valentine's day is celebrated.Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Earlier I thought only couples can celebrate Valentine's day, then came to know that we can celebrate with anyone whom we love. Having a Boyfriend or Girlfriend Is not Love But Having someone in your life on whom You have blind Faith that even If you hurt them to the extreme, They will still hold ur hand n say: I was, I am, I will always be yours.Sometimes we need a hand to hold, an ear to listen, and a heart to understand.

If Valentine's day is celebrated with senior citizens they will be very happy. They are the ones who need love and affection more than anyone else. Once their children are married and settled their responsibilities are over and at that time when children are busy in their lives they need someone to hold their hands and say I am there for you. So for a change we should celebrate Valentine's day with our parents and assure them that they are there always.

Sometimes When they say they are okay. they. want someone to look them in their eyes, hug them tight and say I know you are not.

I got this from Google my friend about true love which is so true

The true meaning of love is

If you Love some one because you think that he/she is really gorgeous- Then it’s not love it’s”Infatuation”.. .

If you love some one because you think that you shouldn’t leave him because others think that you shouldn’t…Then it’s not love,, it’s“compromise”…

If you love some one because you think that you cannot live with out his touch…Then it’s not love, it’s”lust”…

If you love some one because you have been kissed by him…
    Then it’s not love,, it’s“inferiority complex”…

If you love some one because you can’t leave him thinking that it would hurt his feeling…..Then it’s not love, it’s”charity”…

If you love some one because you share every thing with him…
    Then it’s not love, it’s”friendship”…

If you feel the pain of the other person more than him even when he/she is stable and you cry for him…..That’s”LOVE”

If you get attracted to ther people but stay with him/her without
    any regrets……That’s”LOVE”

If you let him/her go knowing that he/she has to go but h Te/she doesn’t want to……That’s“LOVE”..

Where there is Love, there is Life~Welcome Home to Life

8 people like this.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Re: Pure love is a willingness to give without a thought of receiving anything in ret

very nice post viji.
    what with yours and sabi's LOVEly writings,I can now sing LOVE is in the air and in my snipetting corner too.Yayyy!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

Re: Pure love is a willingness to give without a thought of receiving anything in ret

Dear vijima...very beautiful and indeed a different post.Your post bought a smile on my face from inside .Every writer's aim is to touch the reader's heart ,you are indeed a very good writer and your concept of celebrating valentine's day with parents is lovely.i love my parents a lot but i cant hold their hands and say that i love u both,i don't know why...but surely i will find a way to express my love towards them..

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

Wow Mindi dear I am so thrilled and happy to receive the first fb from my loving friend. Yes dear love is in the air and its in our hands to enjoy it to the fullest. Shall I take the next flight and come to Malaysia to celebrate with you. I know it is not possible but what is there in dreaming how it would be celebrating Valentine's day with you. Thanks dear for making my day with your first boni.

5. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

wow vijima, very very nice post..

1 person likes this.
  6. Bhavani22

Bhavani22 Gold IL'ite

Viji ma,

It is a lovely post. I have never expressed my love towards others except my valentine in words or bodily gestures. Although I express my love by giving sweet surprises to my family members and friends.
    Now I wanna hug my MOM tightly, a peck on her cheek and say love you mom!

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Daffodill dear glad you liked thepost and to know it brought a smile on your face. Thanks dear for making my day with your sweet message. I am happy to know that i am a good writer . To hear this makes me happybecause there are so many great writers here and to be amongst them is a blessing. This time on Valetine's you try to hold their hands, hug them and tell them they are special and you love them and see the smileon their face.

8. iyerviji

Thanks Sushma dear

9. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful snippet Viji....Yes Love is what keeps the world going round. One of my favorite song is Love is all you need by The Beatles....I truly believe, that love is all you need. Your story about your wedding anniversary reminded me that indeed one does not need riches but love, to be truly happy.
    Your post made me think of my family, far away, that I love so much and of my husband. I think it is the love of my family and my husband that makes me want to be a better person every day - I think such should be the effect of love it should make you want to be a better person....

1 person likes this.
  10. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Vijima ... Lovely post... I liked the Definition of true love.. :)

1 person likes this.