Puppy zoomies!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Sindhuja, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Have you heard of puppy zoomies? I did not, until my Taffy did that. When she has zoomies(burst-out of energy) Taffy runs around and around, slides into the furniture, bangs on the door… omg! I was so scared when she did that for the first time. I checked some dog forums and they said it’s normal for puppies. Has your dog ever gotten zoomies before? Please share your experiences.

best,

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

actually I love them when they do that... so cute and very funny to watch....

Dont worry its all part of the game.. they are just hyperactive :) thats all

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sindhu,
    Jai does that when he is excited, goes round and round,( imagine the car race or motorcycle race where they bend at the curves)....he does the same...

sriniketan

4. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Joshua does that when he sees my nephew and his wife( ardent dog lovers)!! he runs up and down the stairs and will pick up his favorite toy and run with that .. after two minutes of crazy running .. he will go have a drink of water and then settle down !!

Bhooma

5. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi ! to all at the Zoomies club

Our Lab, Romeo is a devout member of the ZOOMIES club !

As Bhooma mentioned he loves to follow the same pattern and then plonk down all 30 kg of him near his water bowl and lie all outstretched as if he has just run the marathon.
    Another thing is his huge tail...it has the unfortunate habit of just swishing against any object and as a result we have had sad experiences of delicate glassware etc., being reduced to smithereens by the time he has had his Zoomies fit !!

We'll never tire of all their lovable antics...they are such a joy to own and hug always and great stress buster s too, isn't it true?
    warm regards
    PAULINA:wave

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

my fluffy also joines here she also does this ringa ringa roses, hahaha like the bommiralu, and when she is crazy and too happy to hold she runs the compound all over and settles down slowly..sunkan