Punjabi's in Dubai

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by Shivani2009, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

I've met cpl of wonderful punjabi ladies through the site , wondering are there any more pbi's here ??

Cheers

2. AvneetKaur

AvneetKaur Senior IL'ite

Hi Shivani,

I am punjabi ...........but I stay in Abu Dhabi...

3. dubailady9

dubailady9 New IL'ite

I am here too. I am in Tecom, near Dubai Internet City. My name is Deepti. Where are you from and where do you stay?

4. saanjh

saanjh New IL'ite

Heyyyyyyy Good intiative of finding Punjabi kudiyan Shivani! Not liking dubai without u :)) so joining you in chandigarh for a week ;-)

Hello Avneet and deepti ! I m saanjh from Chandigarh , in dubai now since last 2 years... m staying in Golden Sands area Bur dubai ... a software professional now a fulltime homemaker ! Share some details about you !

Cheers ,
    Saanjh

5. dubailady9

dubailady9 New IL'ite

Hi Saanjh...

U hv a lovely name :) I am from Delhi...total delhi wali. Did my BIS from IP Univ in 2004 and worked for Sapient Gurgaon from 2004 to 2009. Joined IBM Bangalore in 2010 and moved to Dubai last yr in Nov since my hubby darling got a job here :)

I am into Testing by profession and work for Mercator in Dubai. Always looking for making frnds :) Married for 2yrs now and in love with my darling for the past 10yrs :p

Btw...we are also looking for moving to Burdubai, Karama or Deira area since my office is very far from my house. My office is in Dnata HQ in Deira. Could you please share areas where we will be able to find a decent 2BHK flat along with the rent.

Keep in touch,
    Deepti

6. saanjh

saanjh New IL'ite

Heyy Thanks Deepti :) gud to hear frm you!!
    glad to know u too frm IT :bangcomp: :) I was working with Cognizant Technologies as a mainframes developer before moving to dubai....
    Regarding your househunting , i did sum search for one of my friends last month so have some idea ....
    -> Bur dubai Golden Sands area... a 2bhK in Golden sands area with all facilities like gym,pool , kids area wl cost u between 70-75 K per annum .. seen all, i just loveeeee dis area :thumbsup:thumbsup ... There are a few good buildings with rents b/w 60-65 for 2bhk also like OPAL 5 building very next to my place ..
    -> OPC Area i.e old pakistani consulate area ... a 2bhk in a gud building here wl cost u around 60-65 k for 2bhk.
    -> Karama : 55-60k
    ->Deira : 50-55 k

Cheers :cheers
    Saanjh

1 person likes this.
  7. dubailady9

dubailady9 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Saanjh for sharing this info. Golden Sands sounds toooo awesome but thoda out of budget ho jayega. We currently pay 48K for 1BHK. We were thinking if we do not overshoot the rent too much and still get a decent 2BHK. 55K would be our budget. So looks like Deira would hv to be the choice. Can we get a decent 2BHK in Bur dubai in this price? By decent i mean building includes free AC chiller, gym, covered parking etc.

And is it better to search via an agent or just go around the area and try to look out?

Kuch bhi pointers ho to plz share...we plan to start looking from next weekend.

Tk Cr,
    Deepti

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  8. saanjh

saanjh New IL'ite

Hey Deepti !

I didnt come across any 2bhks in Burdubai in 55K last month .. Though there were few i know ,available for 60k .. I think if you have to stick to Below 55k , you should better try in Karama and Deira ... Also i suggest you roam around and look out for apts instead of trying an agent and pay him commission ...

Good luck with the househunting ! :)

Cheers:cheers
    Saanjh

9. dubailady9

dubailady9 New IL'ite

Thnx a lot yaar. You have been helpful :) So tell me more about you..Hv kids?

10. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Saanjh
    Awww ... Missing you lot as well n that's a grt news that you"re gonna be in chd .. We could've planned a get togther .. Will you be back by the time i come back ? Btw kadi is due :) hope you remember
    Search for good pals is an never ending process , hoping to bump into some good pals like you here !!
    Have a fantastic time !! And cya in Dubay soon !! Cheers