1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Psoriasis

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by ashwinn, Oct 27, 2012.

1. ashwinn

ashwinn Senior IL'ite

hi,

pl through torch on the skin problem psoriasis. what type of medicine, food to be suggested. is it curable, how long it will take .

thanks

2. padmapriya1

padmapriya1 Gold IL'ite

meet a dermatologist before its too late.
    Nothing is curable if its taken care of at the earlier stage.
    Wish you speedy recovery.

3. ashwinn

ashwinn Senior IL'ite

thank you very much padmapriya. i am under treatment now. they have given medicines and i am following it. thanks for ur reply

4. kalla

kalla New IL'ite

HI ,

I would like to inform you that I had psoriasis for nearly 25 years . I tried all medicines ie. allopathic,homeopathic,ayurvedic but I was adviced vy a flower seller to take milk and turmeric every night . I tood milk,a quarter tsp of turmeric ,pinch of pepper,pinch of dry ginger powder and quarter tsp of candy suger. I would boil it and take it .After nearly 2yrs by itching stopped all of a sudden .Although the marks are still there but i have not itching . Pl. try

5. Ankita0095

Ankita0095 New IL'ite

Psoriasis is a chronic disease on the skin due to disturbed immune system. IN psoriasis, the skin produces excessive and abnormal amount of skin scales. Normally, skin cells tend to develop deep in one’s skin and rise to the surface gradually. Each skin cell has a lifecycle of about one month. However, in psoriasis affected individuals, the skin production process takes place rapidly and overproduction of skin cells occurs leading to patchy, scaly skin. Psoriasis is characterized by red, raised, scaly skin patches on the skin’s surface. Usually, whitish-silver scales happen to develop in red, thick skin patches. At times, cracks may develop in the patches which may bleed. However, psoriasis is not contagious and its lesions are not infectious. Psoriasis treatment can be done by homeopathy.