1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Proud of my MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by vidyacvn, Feb 10, 2013.

1. vidyacvn

vidyacvn Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,
    Hatred and fights between DIL and MIL are so common all over the world. In the midst of all this trouble, there are some MILs who are almost mothers to their DIL. My MIL is one such person. I have always admired and respected her and she has always behaved in a way that I respect her. I got married when I was 22 and learnt a lot of home management from her. She always taught me good things in life, in the kitchen, maintenance of the house, bringing up kids, etc etc. Even now, she advises me on how to manage problems that we face in life. I never hesitate to ask her or talk to her about my problems. She was a pillar of support when my kids were small and when I had health problems. I will never forget what she did for me then. If she is bound to help me, she also has the right to scold me when I am wrong. When she scolds or advises me, (which she never does unnecessarily), I always take it as I would take it from my mother. I never talk back to her. My kids are grown up now and I realise that if my young daughter in law makes mistakes, I will surely try to put her on the right path as I do to my daughter. It is very sad that in most houses this is not the case. But let us start a thread that talks about good MILs too.This may even help to ease things for those in trouble. Share your experiences here if you have great MILs. Let us give them their due credit.

17 people like this.

2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

:hatsoff to a great lady your mil..... You are indeed a lucky girl ... Enjoy :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

What a relief to read about good MIL! Many times if our mother scolds we don't mind it but from MIL one cannot take it! i

2 people like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Friends,

I love my mil as much as I love my mother. She has been a great source of strength and support to me. She has excellent sense of humor and always treated me equally well like her own child. She has immense amount of confidence that I am capable of making right decisions in most important situations in life in consultation with my spouse and in fact welcomes us to make independent decision and supports such decisions. Her belief is parenting is done when children were growing and unless the next generation ask for her advice, she should not involve in any decision-making process on parenting by the next generation or for that matter any other life situations. In fact, she believes that by making decisions and taking responsibility for the decisions, the next generation evolves better and become a role model for their children.

Viswa

5 people like this.
  5. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

So, I read this thread and I also wanted to write something.

Searching, Searching,Searching...

"Result Can Not Find"

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    4 people like this.
  6. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

same here........ my MIL will never interfeere, never comment and never bother..
    that way i guess Iam relieved, no pikal pudungal.. and more over its MIL and DH who handle their thinsg. DH stops me from interfering... Iam being saved..!! Wow

2 people like this.
  7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Really heart warming to hear a good MIL story, Vidya. God bless you both with many more happy moments always :)

2 people like this.
  8. fiesty

fiesty Bronze IL'ite

Feeling good that i came across your post !!!..(atleast lucky enuf to read such post)..
    Very happy for u vidya..

1 person likes this.
  9. fiesty

fiesty Bronze IL'ite

same here LOL

10. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,
    Well your MIL is lucky to you as a DIL, its rare to find a DIL praising her MIL.You may not find many takers for this thread though............hope I am proved wrong.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013