Protenix Vs Mother Horlicks - Please suggest.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by NilamKhushi, Feb 20, 2012.

1. NilamKhushi

NilamKhushi Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I am 8 months pregnant now and I am taking protenix daily with milk. I wanted to know which one is the better drink after delivery. Is it good to continue protenix or take Mothers Horlicks. Please suggest, Thanks in advance.

2. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

Continue to take your prenatal vitamins even after your delivery I think that has all vitamins. Any kind of milk powders are good which have variety to vitamins and minerals. It depends on what your able to tolerate i.e what tastes you better. Like for me I was not able to tolerate the taste of mothers horlicks. I like plain horlicks better. I dont think anyone will do special miracles but its just a additional source of energy and nutrients while your breastfeeding.

3. Nithyagirl

Nithyagirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi my child is 2 months old and I dont find anything special in protein x or mother horlicks. Some experienced ladies told me to use horlicks instead of mother horlicks. I ve decided to do the same.

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Hi... As per my doctor's suggestion i had mother's horlicks till i was feeding... almost a year i had. so i would suggest Mother's horlicks... Take good care of yourself .

5. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am having Mothers Horlicks and I can see good results with my milk production.

6. NilamKhushi

NilamKhushi Senior IL'ite

Thanks All for your suggestions, this helps me.

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

I was suggested to take mother horlicks,but i hated that smell and taste..later doctor prescribed protovic..again same i dint like but somehow drank...later a pediatrician suggested PROPL and i drank it till my baby was 15 months old..my milk supply was fine(not sure whehter the powder helped) and i fed my baby till she was 21 months old..

basically as someone here has pointed out,all these powders are rich in protein and infact you can drink any that tastes better for you!!!!...the point here is you need to take lot of proteins,thats it..still if you have any confusion,consult your gynacologist before taking any new/unknown brand