1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Protection against mosquitoes

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by sanjanatv, Oct 12, 2011.

1. sanjanatv

sanjanatv New IL'ite

Hi,

I hope you understand how important it is for us to keep our family safe and protected from the deadly bites of mosquitoes. I have tried many brands of mosquito repellent creams, sprays, lotion but none of them really worked. So, we installed mosquito net for windows but we still have a few in our bedroom each night. This is an annoyance, especially since it makes me sad to see occasional bites on our baby. Now I am searching for some innovative net for our bed. I'd love any advice you can offer about how to find a way to keep mosquitoes away.

Thanks,
    Sanjana Saveera.

2. ramyasuresh

ramyasuresh Silver IL'ite

they say applying sesame oil to parts of body will help us from mosquito bites. it works
    but its sticky

3. sanjanatv

sanjanatv New IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Finally, we've got self-supported bed net in Hyderabad thru happynagar.com and even your idea of applying sesame oil worked good but as you said it is bit sticky.

:thumbsup
    Thanks,
    Sanjana Saveera.

4. Karishma07

Karishma07 New IL'ite

Hi Everyone.

If you have mosquitoes within your home, a handy, cost-effective tip to remove them is to take a small bowl filled with water and add one camphor tablet (10 grams) to it. Place the bowl in a corner of the room to avoid anyone standing in it and you will find the mosquitoes will immediately fly away.

If not you can use Geraniol. It is a type of alcohol used as a fragrance or flavour. It's from plant oils like citronella, lemongrass, and rose. As an ingredient in mosquito repellent, it's known to be effective for two to four hours, depending on the species.

Or else you can simply use mosquito sprays and gels to prevent your self from the mosquito bite.