1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Protecting my baby from Buri Nazar

Discussion in 'Infants' started by 123sulekha, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 123sulekha

123sulekha New IL'ite

I have a 2 month old at home and everyday someone or the other comes visiting her. My mom-in-law says that I should get her rid off the evil eye daily for it does affect babies more than anyone else. I did some reading online and came across howthe evil eye is warded off in various other countries...interesting!! I smoke up red chilies to ward off the evil eye. Hey ladies...what's the tradition you follow?? Lets share and start an interesting discussion

2. muthu21

muthu21 Gold IL'ite

hii sulekha..hope your baby is doing well!! happy parenting.. thank you for starting a discussion on this..
    my dd is 6months and we usually go with camphor..do the custom for sure on thursdays and on new moon days..other ways that i know are as you said red chilli, then using rock salt which after you do the rounding should be washed off in water.
    waiting eagerly to know what other IL's say.. and people used to say something while doing this, anyone who knows that please share..
    thankyou in advance..

3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

my ILs are north indians, and for my nieces, they remove the evil eye on most days..they dip a wick of cotton in oil, rotate it around the kid, and burn the wick off.. if there is evil eye, the wick burns with lot of noise and volume, if not, then there is nothing to be worried of...

They generally do, when the kid is cranky to go to sleep, or had been around lot of guests