1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Protect you hair and still keep styling them everyday!

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Archnaraj, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Archnaraj

Archnaraj Senior IL'ite

Hi all

Today styling our hair has become a daily routine. Although these products create a significant difference in out looks it can harm our hair in the long run. Today I wish to share this easy and simple step before you style your hair to avoid damaging them to a great extent.

After you shampoo your hair please use a good conditioner (preferably the same brand conditioner as that of your shampoo). This helps in removing the knots easily and would strengthen hair. No matter what type of hair you have a conditioner is definitely important.

After washing you hair please dry them naturally till they come to a half dry and half wet ( usually 10 to 15 minutes depending on the length of the hair).

Then apply a heat resistant spray to your hair. If you want more volume then tilt your head upside down and apply this spray and style upside down. This heat resistant spray will control the amount of heat that passes to the root of your hair which would reduce the damage caused to the hair.

This helped me a lot. Hope this helps most of you too. Happy styling ya all :)

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    2 people like this.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@Archnaraj
    Even using heaters/rollers to the hair length affect the hair texture making it dry and brittle in due coarse.if Once in a way,its ok,but no regular use.
    Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  3. Archnaraj

Archnaraj Senior IL'ite

Hi Yushi

I agree with you but with the help of this spray you can control the damage to a great extent. If you have hair that is frizzy like mine it is very difficult to manage them on a daily basis if you don't blow dry or straighten them as you need to look professional at office. Also during Winters it is very difficult to let them dry naturally as you may fall sick. I use the Tressemme heat resistant spray. But I have heard that L'Oreal or John Frieda also helps. This product has helped in reducing hair loss and keeps my hair in check as well. :)

4. Ishika009

Ishika009 Senior IL'ite

It is important to nourish your hair. No matter what hair products you use, make sure to take a hot coconut oil massage at least twice a month. This will safeguard your hair from damage.

1 person likes this.
  5. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Yes - protection against heat tools is a necessity and we each use different products I prefer my argan oil leave in treatment by Pro Naturals, you prefer Tressemme but looking at L'Oreal of John Frieda.
    What is equally important for me is a good hair dryer, as you know I use an Ultralight Salon Series Ionic but for a straightener I am going to check out the Karmin Salon Series hair straightener after reading this Straighten Your Hair Without Frying It? Engineers Are On The Case : Shots - Health News : NPR
    Enjoy!