Property ownership for Wife_Law question

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by tradag, Aug 9, 2010.

1. tradag

tradag New IL'ite

Expecting more reply ladies!!!!!

we are building a house . we have taken housing loan , both me and my husband.
    but the property(land and building) is in my Husbands name.
    If any thing worse happens, say we are seperate..what is my priveliage for the home.
    can i able to have access for the property, though the property is in my husband's name.
    I am asking this because its our Tradition in Hindu or normally Indians, to buy property in the name of Husband or Father.
    eventhough wife/mother is fully paying the loan amount.
    Without her support the male could not able to buy the property.
    i need to know, can woman(wife) get the right for the property, Even if He is the owner?
    what Law say about this?
    i am asking this because, due to old tradition and faith and belief we woman are letting men to be the owners while buying property. so how to proceed on this issue?
    Thanks

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I would have asked for joint registration that dh+dw if i were you. even now if you are not comfortable, assuming it is a individual house, then it is just the amount of stamp duty that you need to pay you can get it re-registered to both of you. are you could go in for a will that states that you are the nominee in case of untoward incidents..

legally it will go inbetween the parents and the wife. that 50/50..unless there is a will by the husband..