Property dealings heard/known to you..

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Aug 6, 2010.

1. vgiri

vgiri New IL'ite

Shanvy, Can you attach the Survey link or the actual data please...
    It's not surprising though, yesterday Central Bank has hiked interest rate by .25%.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Yes Giri. the interest rate hikes are going to be more dampening on the common man.

i remember meeting one official from a private housing finance company who told me that the teaser loans where just there., approvals were given immediately but when it came to cash disbursements it was becoming difficult as there was not enough cash with the banks..(now that is something i have not taken too seriously thinking it could be the competitions speaking.

I deleted the mail. i think it was from one of the RE portals like 99,magic. and the survey must have been based on the difference in the rates that have been prominently visible in the range that they advertise...(I am sure it need not be the accurate ones. ) but there was another survey in jan i think that showed that chennai was the only metro where there was astounding growth.

the market may dull right now, owing too many scams being unearthed. i am still trying to figure the 950crores deal with htleela in chennai..:hide:. last heard you are not getting new telephone lines. BSNL is strapped for cash..companies dealing in telecommunications have been tightened, lot of accounts are freezed. so i believe we need to wait out the election to know the correct direction RE will take.

These are all my POV based on what i come across and hear say.

3. thalapathy04

thalapathy04 New IL'ite

Dear Moderator,

May I know why my messages need your approval for posting in this thread?? Is this a routine check for everyone or only to me??? If this is only to my posts then I would be glad if you could explain me the reason.

Regards
    Thalapathy

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thalapathy,

IF you post external links, email id's the post gets moderated byitself, that is a in built check by the administrators.

We do not moderate unless it goes against the forum etiquette. a

5. vgiri

vgiri New IL'ite

Shanvy, When NRIs book flats or buy houses(people say NRIs buy and escalate the price)..atleast a big portion of the deal is done in white. What happens to that foreign exchange received by India. I thought they can float more money depending on the forEx inflow/reserve. I know the local demand is more than the foreign money they receive. What;s your thoughts on this.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vgiri,

I have a personal axe to grind when it comes to forex flow. well that is for another day.

I seriously do not understand what happens to the money. we still borrow heavily from world bank, nabard and other sources.

IF we take the case of kerala which has the highest remittances from the gulf, the state has moved from being an agricultural dependent state to a body to reckon with today. if the remittances dried up, the state CANNOT stand alone. i believe most of the budgets revolves around the nri remittances.

Gujarat is another classic example.

Let me quote an example. A builder has a land bank and he is promoting flats. now what happens here. say 10 people buy flats through housing loan. the builder is forced to show the accounts for the 10 people to an extent eligible for the loan. for the rest he demands in cash. say the flat is 80 lakhs and you take 50 lakhs loan. the hfc asks you to show the route for the rest 15laksh..but the other 15 goes in as cash. your white is getting converted into black. this is not fiction. this is fact based on what i have seen personally.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

There is another eye wash called pravas bharathi and i remember one union minister asking in his speech, that " Indians living abroad send home a lot of money—it was $ 27 billion in 2007. But where does most of the money go?" and this was in 2009. do you think they have better idea now..

8. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

My residential apt purchase, bought a 12 yr old re-sale unit with 60% UDS at around 7900 in Nungambakkam just off V.K high road.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

congrats k11...

10. zeenasubash

zeenasubash New IL'ite

need land

hi
    i would like to buy land in kodambakkam,k.k.nagar,ashok nagar,gill nagar,metha nagar ,adambakkam and madipakkam
    if anyone know plots in these areas please send me the details

regards
    zeena