Progestrone Levels

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Jooo, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Jooo

Jooo New IL'ite

Hi everybody,

I have been married for about an year now and i am trying to get conceive.But since february i started to have irregular periods where i never used to get periods for 60 to 90 days.Then during march my doctor gyn prescribed medicine which is called Mexroxyprodesterone.I took the tablet and got my periods in 8 days.i didn't get my periods after that again and now again she has asked me to take the tablets.I am getting really scared.Me and my husband want to have our baby and now suddenly i got this problem.Does anybody have/had similar problem? Is there any way i could correct this harmonal imbalance naturally and conceive our baby? Please help me...

Regards
    Joo

2. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hi Jooo,
    I am sorry to hear that you are haivng this problem...however there is help.. I was also having issues with my hormone level and I saw a alternative medicine practioner. She prescribed some Bio-identical hormones (plant based). It is in form of a transdermal cream that I apply to my forearm. The only side effect it has is drowsiness, which by the way I haven't felt. I have been taking this for 3 months now. You can search for doctors in your area. They are all over.

I am feeling a lot better.

Thanks,
    OOPALL

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Joo,
    Welcome here...
    Do you have hormone imbalance or PCOS? Are you over weight? Or you getting stressed after you have decided to try for baby. These could be the primary reasons for delay.
    Talk to your doc & tell you wanted to conceive. Just know the ways to get periods regulary, so that you can actively try.
    Those tablets seems to be progesterone supplements. I suppose they won't harm you seriously. Work on irregular periods first. If you are over weight, work on bringing it down!
    Take care. Baby dust to you.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  4. Jooo

Jooo New IL'ite

Thanks for your replies

@Vasumathy

I am not over weight but not skinny too.I think i am having harmone imbalance.I am getting too stressed out these days due to so many issues.hopefully things should fall in place soon.I am waiting for my Gyn to come back from vacation so that i can schedule an appointment and discuss.