1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Profound Love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RatnaMalliswari, Jun 2, 2016.

1. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

For any relation love is important,the three words make you on the top the world when we hear from our loved one.I started thinking what is " i love u", the flow words passed in my mind i felt through love relationship bonding get join with each other by saying I love you,love you say that I care for you,I am with you,we are for each other,I will do anything you want,i will make you happy,i believe you,i want to be with you forever,your mine,every moment i move is precious,important for me,your my breath, my heart beats for you the every second I think of you,I never forget you because your in my heart forever and ever,I say all this to you as I love you more than me.This feelings may vary from person to person.But we never refuse to hear this,our heart always expect to listen this from loved one as it makes happy.The three words make you to stay connected with your relation.

Gaiya3 likes this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@RatnaMalliswari
    Love is a funny thing. Showing it to those we love is more important than telling that we love them. I remember an old song from My Fair Lady when the exasperated heroin who is fed up with all the talk of love sings:

Words, words, words!
    I'm so sick of words
    I get words all day through
    First from him, now from you
    Is that all you blighters can do?

Don't talk of stars, burning above
    If you're in love, show me!
    Tell me no dreams, filled with desire
    If you're on fire, show me!

Sing me no song, read me no rhyme
    Don't waste my time, show me!
    Don't talk of June, don't talk of fall
    Don't talk at all!
    Show me!

Never do I ever want to hear another word
    SriThere isn't one, I haven't heard
    Here we are together in what ought to be a dream
    Say one more word and I'll scream!

I got married in 1967 and I told my wife 'I love you' and she became red in the face and cautioned me not to use dirty words to her! She was brought up in a rural ambiance and these words were a kind of blasphemy to her! When my daughters and grandchildren tell her how much they love her, she feels so happy!

jasmine25 and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

You read my mind and I was going to respond to this post in the similar lines. The new generation of people like the parents, spouse and children to express love in words. But in the earlier generation love is demonstrated/understood in the actions performed by the parents, spouse and children. My father never told me once that he loved me but when he faced a chronic renal failure and was in death bed, he said, "I have raised two capable children to make decisions on their own. I have a great sense of fulfillment." That was his way of saying he loved his children.

My grandfather who used to be the principal of Guindy Engineering College called up his friends and relatives to send their children to his house so that they could become engineers. When my grandmother was questioning his decision as they have children of their own to raise, his reaction was, "when we do what is best for the children who are in need of my service, our children would automatically benefit out of it by the divine intervention". That is his way of saying he loved his children.

The other day, a gentleman spoke about love. He talked about a husband having a phone conversation with his wife in the US. They had an argument and the husband said, "I love you" and banged the phone down. Such conflicts between words and actions should be avoided. I have no issues in people expressing love in words as long as it is backed by their actions.

Viswa

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    jasmine25 and Cheeniya like this.
  4. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

@Cheeniya sir and Viswa ji,
    Thank you for your reply and expressing your views,the expression which I have written is in precise form,the following lines are from post.
    "This feelings may vary from person to person.But we never refuse to hear this,our heart always expect to listen this from loved one as it makes happy."
    Expression of love will differ from person to person all may not convey in the same way.some express in getting things done some say verbally and may do later,there is no particular form to express love,I wrote what I feel about love.
    And today I came to know from you both the other way expression of love in your family.let us see what are the other ways of expression of love from the other members of IL.
    May this post make us know different ways to express love.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Gaiya3

Gaiya3 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    My way of expressing my love to my family is through actions. I strongly believe in entering one's heart through their stomach :yum: Be there for my friends when they need help is another way of saying I do care. My DH would wait for me to say those 3 words and he would be on top of the world when I say those words that I reserve for special occasions :hearteyes::hearteyes: