Process of getting cooking gas connection

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by n.yamuna, Dec 4, 2007.

1. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Hi
    please somebody can help/advice me on getting cooking gas connection coz I don't know the procedure or the place for these things next year when I come there I need a gas connection. is there any private company to get this work done any suggestion is appreciated
    thanks
    yamuna

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: getting cooking gas connection

Hi yamuna,

If you have a ration card, then only you get gas connections these days... as the t.n government had some scheme of free gas connections and people misusing....even my fil had to renew and submit our ration card for not taking cylinders for 6 months. so if you have friends/relatives you can ask them to shift it to the distributor near you until you get your own.

3. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Hi shanti
    thank u since we are in muscat I don't think our names are still there in the ration card but anyway I check. Is there any private agency to supply temporarily until I get the permanant one.

with luv
    yamuna

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi yamuna,

I think bharat gas is a private operator. and you can file your e-application. since you will be having your house documents with proof of address(assuming) you can use that for the same..

here is the address...Welcome to Bharatgas Online Customer Service

Hope it helps...

5. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Hi shanti

thank you so much as usual you have sortted out my this cooking gas problem also Thank u so much immediately I will do the requirements.

yamuna

6. Jayashree Natarajan

Jayashree Natarajan New IL'ite

Hi yamuna

I too faced difficultysince i do not have a ration card. looking out for private gas, my friend suggested Caltex and the agency is Shree Karpagambal Gas Agency in Mylapore. I find it very convenient in the absence of not able to get the regular gas connection. Phone number is 24640038, 43033119. Hope this helps u.

Jayashree

7. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Hi Jayshree
    Thanks for the info, my house is in madipakkam do they offer this service to all areas if so then I can book from them

thanks
    yamuna

8. sunidoss

sunidoss New IL'ite

Hi

Iam Sunitha, Actually iam looking for a new gas connection, i want to know the procedure and how many days it takes to get the cooking gas, and is their any possiblities to have private gas connection and what will be the charges.Iam Looking this in and around Vysarpadi location

Rgds
    Sunitha S

9. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

HI all

You dont need a ration card anymore for getting a gas connection .

Please check out the gas cylinder dealer who is operating in your area. You can go to his office directly with two sets of proof of residence. ( one of them has to be a photo identification). since I didnt have that, I gave them a copy of my lease agreement ( if you are living in a rented flat or proof that you own the house.. whichever)..i also gave him a copy of my mobile bill, and a copy of my pan card. He asked to come after three days to collect a print out of the application . after about three weeks, they were very nice to inform me that they would be coming home to 'check' on me ... when he came home, I was merrily cooking on the borrowed cylinder !!! he pretended to make an issue of it and finally asked me to give him 200 rupees !. there is no way u can get out of it ..( unless you have just moved in and really dont have a borrowed cylinder with you ) i went the next day to the office again and they took the copies from me and issued me the consumer number and book. within two working days I got my own first gas cylinder !!Hurray

all the best gals

cheers

Bhooma

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

I agree with bhooma.

Rite now name in ration card is not essential. Any id with address proof, photo identity along with income proof has to be produced.