1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with thin veins

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by meenakrishnan, Jul 19, 2011.

1. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends!
    I have very thin veins and have great difficulty in getting blood tests done . If a doctor prescribes IV(Intra vein injections) for me, sisters(nurses) find it very difficult to get a vein - they hit me on the hand, 2 or three persons hold me tightly, tie a band on the hand etc..etc.. :spinthey say its thread-like.Some poke the needle and then rotate it inside putting me in great pain and leaving the spot reddish green!!:rant,Everytime I step into the nearby lab for blood test , they escape finding different reasons- going for tea, visiting a friend, urgent meeting etc.Has anyone undergone such situations? Please share if there are any ways to make my hand "veiny"....

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

It must be too difficult for you. Sometimes, I face this problem. In old people also finding veins is difficult sometime.

here are some experiences people have shared on this topic which I came across when googled for.

Accidents and first aid - Thin veins for blood test