1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with SIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rayana16, Feb 10, 2012.

1. rayana16

rayana16 Bronze IL'ite

Now I am here to discuss and let you know my real problem.

We are two daughters of our parents. I have always been very lively bubbly whole my 24 yrs of my life till i got married.

I love my fil and husband alot. I respect them alot.

My DH has 2 elder sisters both married. Eldest one is really very nice and supportive. Very polite in talking(I dont have mil so I treat eldest sil as my mil and obey her as she also acknowledges me in return.)

The other sil , middle of DH SIBLINGS stays with us. She has been staying with us from the day we got married , infact she came in oct 2010 , i got married in jan 2011. She said she is going to stay there to set me but truth is her husband gt transfered to some cold place where admission of their child had to be delayed plus she doesnt like chilly areas that much.

Her husband used to visit us on weekends. She also used to go to her hsuabnd for 10 days once in a while( after 4- 5 months).

Now her husband has been transfered here in the same city. And both of them staying with us.I dont mind she staying with us. But the problem is she bullies me alot taunting and commenting that I dont know cooking (saying to my DH on my face that "bhaiya tumhe khud pata hai tumhari biwi ke hathon ka , ye maine banaya hai, banalia tumhari biwi ne"

Sometime she said when i was doing dusting of the house "YE HATH MAI KACHA LEKAR HAWALDAR KI TARAH KYU GHOOM RAHI HAI---DUSTING CLOTH SHE SAID KATCHA" in front of my husband.

When she was away i used to manage ghar + office together, my husband helpd me alot in little chores that time.

But she said tumne mere samne koi kaam nahi kia mai kaise janu, she pretends as if my fil and DH are surviving just because of her. DH doesnt say anythng to her doesnt support me in front of her istead he shouts at me when didi compains about me --dont know from where she gets all complaints.She likes it when me and my husband fight , instead being elder to my DH she should play mil role and take my side sometimes and tell her brother no dont do this.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012

2. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Why is she and her h living with you? Doesnt her h have his own accomodation ?

1 person likes this.
  3. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Make your SIL husband realise that they are freely eating on your money

4. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

talk to your H and first make her move out of your house.

5. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

Dont hesitate to tell them to go out, let them stay in their house, u can be free only when they go out.

6. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

whenever she complains like you exemplified, reply her that its my house and i like to do it my way afterall you will be leaving very soon to your own house after that there will be no one to see and tell me so let me do it.

Just keep in mind that whenever any talks happen among you include this statement that it is your house and you have to leave it also infront of her husband. if they are being shameless you too will have to be..else such people don't understand a polite or symbolic language and if you are waiting for them to move by themselves as some person with selfrespect would have done then they would have done it a long back..

2 people like this.
  7. rayana16

rayana16 Bronze IL'ite

every says to concioeve as then only husband gets attachd to wife but i doubt as whn i ask my dh to plan he says didi ki beti hai na......actually we love her alot she also loves us....but thats my sil's doter........we need kids after all...