1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problem With Mother In Law

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sg43, May 2, 2016.

1. Sg43

Sg43 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Need your help badly. My mother in law she is ruining my married life. She is creating the gap between the me and my husband. I am married for 5y..with 1y old son. My husband is my cousin (bava). Our's is love marriage. My husband proposed me. My mother in law right from that day she started negative talks. First she rejected me. After that my husband, my father in law convinced her. Right from the day we got married she started the torture. Her main problem is she accepted me forcibly. If something happens in my family or if somethings happen between my parents and them, she starts complaining everything to my husband. He starts fight with me. But if we go deeply into what happened there is nothing meaning full. She takes each and every word in wrong way what me or my parents speaks and put that into my husband's head in the wrong way. I faced such fights during my pregnancy also. One more thing they doesn't count me as their family member. If something happens in my family I will get to know about it by others not my family. For example my mother in law purchased the gold 1 year back but I don't have any clue of it. I am not asking them to take my permission but as a family member they can let me know right. They will convey each and everything to my sister in law. If I question about this behavior they say we won't let you know each and every matter. My husband he won't understand my feelings. As a daughter in law of that family I don't have any right? Am I doing anything wrong by asking them. When my sister in law had a baby. I have sent them many toys, 12-13 pairs of clothes. When my mother in law is in US I have shopped everything what ever she asked But no satisfaction to her. She had a big fight with me when she was here. I am in such a condition that if I want to speak them I need to be very careful. Need to check each and every word .I love my husband very much but he takes her mon and sister side every time.

Due to this fights my mental condition became so worse. I went to a psychiatrist for the depression counseling. Now I am becoming so emotional for very small things what they says and getting into fight with my husband. I don't have any peace of mind. My married life got ruined totally. I am in a feeling that I did a big mistake by accepting my husband proposal for marriage.

Any suggestions to get out of this mental pressure and to lead a happy life with my husband.

2. Katakam123

Katakam123 Silver IL'ite

Tell me about, mil is so good in misinterpreting n finding fault, sounds very familiar. I would suggest keep communication very minimal, do what is necessary only, since if you do more you are not getting any good name.

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP...do you live with your mil?
    Have you tried enjoying being the outsider?
    Don't bother too much about what they do with their lives if they don't want you to....unless it effects your life.
    Become formal with them slowly and enjoy being the outsider.
    Less trouble .

As for her creating problems between you and hubby....try and talk to him when you are both calm.If he still doesn't get it....just sigh and remind him that she never did want you two to get married....then move away. Let him absorb that little reminder.

sslkgpaa likes this.
  4. Sg43

Sg43 New IL'ite

No...I wont live with them. I feel very bad when they treat me as a outsider.:disappointed:. My husband supports that. That is my bad.:sleepy:. If talk minimal and be like an outsider they start complaining for that also.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...you can't force them to make you feel like an insider.Why do you want to feel like an insider?Specially when you don't live with them.
    Do you love your mi and sil so much that you want to be a part of their lives so badly.

You have a life with husband and kids.Concentrate on that.That is your real family and you are not just an insider in this family,but also the nucleus of this family.

Your inlaws are extended family.....just like you are extended family to them.
    You are an outsider to them.They can be outsiders to you.
    If only you realize....like is much more easier from the outside.
    You will have more time,love and peace of mind for your family.

If you crave for the love and attention,try to get it from your parents.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    SimplelLife and sumalynux like this.
  6. Sg43

Sg43 New IL'ite

Thank you so much...I tried being like what you suggested...but they started fight on that also saying she never cares us, she is not a responsible daughter in law...she want to escape for her responsibilities

7. Sg43

Sg43 New IL'ite

If talk minimal and be like an outsider they start complaining for that also.