1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pritviraj interview - movie Raavan !!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mssunitha2001, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday I watched this video and got what you all are talking about... :) :) I happened to stumble upon Big B's blog site too.

I was wondering how movie stars develop their English fluency? I mean, most of them were school drop outs, and with their 'busy' lifestyle, how do they manage to learn English? Its not that they speak in English all the time, right? I mean, when I saw some blogs in BigB.Bigadda.com, I was awed by the selection of words... Or is it like he has some other person writing for him??

It would be obvious when some heroines struggle to speak in English in the interviews - they use plenty of fillers, or drag the words longer than necessary when they think of the next word, or laugh for non-jokes to avoid answering...

In the same Raavan premiere Vikram was very nervous, Abhishek constricted his speech to "Its fantastic", Aish accompanied with "Absolutely", Suhasini repeatedly pointed out "I was the only person who know about the movie", but arrogant-or-not, memorised-or-not Prithiviraj was so confident and so fluent... How?? And [no offense] there was no mother tongue influence in his accent.

Ladies, Please throw some light on this...

ilt

4 people like this.
  2. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

This guy is very frank in his opinions that makes him arrogant. To add fuel he is a self proclaimed 'introvert'. In the interview to a magazine he said he is not planning to marry any reported named 'X'. The magazine published the interview without mentioning the 'X's ' name. After a week this guy married his current wife who a happened to be a reporter. So the media and people made a howl that he has lied. To clarify this he went ahead and gave that Channel interview. That created more controversies. Many a times I have felt if he could plaster his mouth there could be less number of controversies.

But I would admit that he is one of the few actors who would admit his negatives. To my knowledge, its only Surya and he, who openly admits that they are total introverts. Surya in all his interviews opinions only good about his wife. But I was astonished to hear from Prithvi, when he said, ' if you think I am arrogant, then Supriya's character is similar to mine'. Any other actor would try to portray only a rosy picture about his newly married wife. The interviewer went overboard asking her how many glasses of wine if she takes when Prithviraj drinks vodka. Any other actor in his place would not have allowed this interview to go on air, if so it would be a censored version. In our hypocrytic society people expect Actors to be incanation of God, they expect them to be teetollers. Most of the actors trying to fulfill these paints a ' rosy' picture about them to their fans where as there could numerous 'skeletons' under the wrap. but this guy is unbelievingly frank and has tasted success in a shorterspan than his bother. He has always praised Inderjit saying he is a more talented actor than him.also claim Inder is always an extrovert and he wish he could be like his brother. Inder in my opinion can do good characte roles, But i fear He could do any 'Hero' material suff.

1 person likes this.
  3. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

ILT, Prithviraj is an educated guy... He did half of his engg degree in Australia...:) He left tht n came back to India when he got an offer to act in the superhit Malayalam film Nandanam... He always used to say tht he reads a lot n tht has helped him... Even Maddy s another actor who can speak English fluently...

4. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Sherin, Indran cannot do hero oriented roles... I like tht guy... :) ...

Even I watched th interview of Prithvi n Supriya with Britas... Tht guy Britas has no control over his tongue... He asks any kind of crap to anyone... He even asked Urvashi once if she was a drunkard n thts why Manoj took away their daughter from her... Britas was earlier in Kairali, now he has replaced Sreekandan Nair in Asianet...

5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I don't know about Prithvi's wife- never saw the interview.

But, putting down other actors is a BIG No-No for me and I believe that Prithvi has done that a lot. Prithvi need not be an extrovert like his brother. A mere lesson in PR alone would help him to go a long way.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I’ve seen Prithvi speaking in English. He’s quite fluent and has a way with words, but the accent he used in Raavan premier was definitely fake. It looks almost like he’s trying too hard to show off his fluency of the language to the people there. OTOH, he might have also been influenced by the accent used by the people surrounding him there and probably emulated the same subconsciously ;-)

You know, my aunt was speaking English in the normal way that most Malaysians do. She went to London one day and came back with a British accent. And mind you, this she developed just after a ONE WEEK visit to London. Prithvi might have been from the same boat, who knows? ;-) The problem is, everyone knows that the accent is fake…everyone except for the person who’s faking it, of course.:rotfl

About stars speaking in fluent English-it’s basically training of course. Most beauty queens are expected to go through vigorous speech training. They are taught what to speak, how to speak, what not to speak and most importantly how to react if and when you win the title. Don’t laugh, but Namitha actually competed in Miss India pageant before she became an actress.:hide: Nevertheless, she was rejected due to her lack of command of English language. (She revealed this in one of her interviews). The funny thing is, speaking in fluent English is not a compulsory criteria in other parts of the world. Which is why you see some contestants in beauty pageants come to the stage accompanied by an interpreter. But here, English has been ‘unanimously’ presumed to be an upper class medium of communication. Stars who don’t speak well in English are looked down, stars who doesn’t write well in English are crucified. Thus, to avoid all these complications, many stars resort to the speech training that beauty queens go to. It’s actually a blooming business in India nowadays. You have people to write your speech, you have people to train you to read your speech, you even have people to train you in public speaking i.e how to have a good posture, how to look eye-to-eye with the audience, etc. In the case of Big B, you can see that he’s almost always so sure of how and what to speak. That definitely comes after years of practice. Don’t forget that he was also contesting in elections many years back and this training is vital if you want to captivate and win people’s votes.

I’m not actually sure how many of these stars actually update their facebook/twitter/blogs by themselves. As far as I know, Allu Arjun and ARRahman have openly admitted that they have people to update their twitter and facebook accounts. In fact, ARR in a recent interview said that there are times that he wants to say something in his own words but his ‘helper’ would actually vent out what to say/not to say in order to prevent any problems in future.

Most stars too do not consent to being in “live” interviewes - even if the interviews are for magazines. They would demand the questionnaire be given to them beforehand and get the appropriate answers before calling the interviewer to their place to conduct the actual one. And despite all these measures, when one of the stars’ statements backfires on them, they would quickly claim that they have been “misquoted”.:bonk

6 people like this.
  7. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

with all this melodrama of the actors , i'd rather just stick to their looks and acting on screen. :)
    its like they say , after you learn photography , you cannot enjoy simple beauty in pictures. the lighting and aperture bothers you ...LOL
    if prithvi behaved like the guy next door , maybe he wouldnt have so much publicity and his wife would have tough times... :)
    btw , ppl call him raju (prithvi Raj) back home ...rajukutta also iv heard in some local channels :)
    raajukuttan in raavan ... :D

3 people like this.
  8. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

it would be nice to see young popular stars behave humbly and politely :)

1 person likes this.
  9. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]
    <table><tbody><tr><td><script type="text/javascript"><!-- e9 = new Object(); e9.size = "336x280,300x250,300x600"; //--></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://tags.expo9.exponential.com/tags/Pinkvilla/ROS/tags.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://a.tribalfusion.com/displayAd.js?dver=0.4&th=9391969952"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://a.tribalfusion.com/j.ad?flashVer=9&ver=1.21&th=9391969952&tagKey=3142209476&site=pinkvilla&adSpace=ros&center=1&size=336x280,300x250,300x600&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinkvilla.com%2Fentertainmenttags%2Faishwarya-rai-bachchan%2Fintroducing-prithviraj&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinkvilla.com%2F&f=0&p=2281740&a=1&rnd=2280814"></script>

[​IMG]

Prithviraj makes his debut in Bollywood with Anurag Kashyap's Aiyya opposite Rani Mukherjee. His last big superhit was Mani Ratnam's Raavanan opposite Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. He is on the cover of the Filmfare magazine this month.​
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

1 person likes this.
  10. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Thats great news puni....i used to like him after I watched Mozhi...proved that he can perform in comedy roles too... but as rrnair has rightly said if only he could be a little more humble/polite instead of being brutally frank and bold...he will reach far ahead.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.