Price difference of silk sarees in co-op societies and private shops?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by satin, Mar 10, 2013.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

I am planning a trip to Kanchipuram to visit some of my relatives and will be visiting some silk saree shops in Kanchipuram,I am planning to go only to Co-op societies like Arignar Anna/Murugan only,will not be visiting other private shops.I am planning to buy some 2-3 sarees full zari ones,my idea is in Nalli it would cost around 15k-20k each,what would be the price in silk co-operative societies?Will it be less by atleast 1.5k-2k or would they cost the same only?

2. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

None?I am asking if there is a price difference at all...since I have lots of kanchipuram sarees I am just buying bcos I am visiting that place,so I wanted to buy only if there will be a price difference when bought in chennai and kanchipuram.Hope someone replies.

3. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

if anyone who can guide.can post their views

4. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

people choose cooperative societies only because its genuine...cooperative societies provide genuine silk sarees but designs will be limited...but as far as private shops are concerned you get a lot more variety of designs...but cannot promise genuinely on silk...i have been to almost every cooperative society and some private shops too...anyway in private silk saree shop i always opt for prakash silks...very wide of designs and colors...for every budget...i think price starts from rs.1500/- they have two different floors- one for original silk and the other one for tested zari...and obviously tested zari sarees are always cheaper than silk saris...

5. NiranjaniRaj

NiranjaniRaj New IL'ite

Price difference will vary depends upon the weavers work in the saree. You can get Kanchipuram Silk Saree with pure silk quality in Madheswaran Silk Saree Shop. if you want the proof. Please check with reviews of google and Facebook.
    They are also selling in Online in Cheapest price