Preterm labour

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by subasanthanasai, Jan 18, 2012.

1. subasanthanasai

subasanthanasai New IL'ite

Hi,

I had my due date on feb end, but I got preterm labour and my baby was born on jan 6. I had slight bleeding during my first trimester. My doubt here is, this bleeding resulted in my preterm labour? Anyone faced this same situation?

-Suba

2. PriyaDominic

PriyaDominic Gold IL'ite

Dear Suba,

I have also experianced kind of similar situation. I was due on mar 22 but gave birth on 28 Jan , it happened in 2010 and teh lil one is healthy and 2 year old now.
    I also had bleeding slightly till 3 month and was on bed rest.and then i started going to office travelling for more tahn 45 mins one side...finally on 32 week at my office the membrane ruptured and I was hurried to hospital.
    make sure taht the baby is given only breast milk fo 6 months to get good health and immunity
    regds,
    Priya

3. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Did you have a short cervix? Anyways not everyone who bleeds in first trim has preterm labor....Mostly it is said ppl who bleed in both 1st and 2nd trimesters are at risk of preterm....I have been classified under preterm category and have been put on tablets to relax the uterus....I have just entered 32nd week...so hoping to cross the 34th week mark

Make sure the baby is breastfed...It gives immunity...Good that ur LO is safe and healthy....Take care....