Preterm god pls help us

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Katakam123, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Katakam123

Katakam123 Silver IL'ite

A week ago I went for my normal checkup n everything was fine , but out of sudden with cervical length dilated n after many drips n injections I ended giving birth to twin babies at 24 weeks, the babies are tiny, this is really ripping my heart off, three days before the incident I had a dream where someone was very angry and scolding me, I can't forget the face, followed by two other dreams where my tummy was flat.

When we were struggling with infertility we went for prayers in india, in our first temple kalahasti we were blessed with coconut with flower in it, n second temple saneeswaran temple in Karaikal the priest coincidentally met us twice n said we r going to have twins, I replied that we pray his word be one true, priest said it will n we must bring the babies back to the temple .

Now we are in our 30 days where unable to do prayers, babies are in nicu, I feel hopeless I want to pray n get gods blessing to my kids. But not sure how?

2. lucky22

lucky22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Katakam, God will definitely be with you to get through this tough times. Congratulations on twins, take care of yourself and your babies. God will definitely understand, you can visit him when you and the babies are ready.

3. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Congratulations.don't worry.your babies will be fine.Take care of them and yourselves.

4. oaktree12

oaktree12 Bronze IL'ite

Pray to God as much aspossible. My grandfather used to say prayer can move mountains. You and your kids are in my prayers. Be strong and stay positive.

1 person likes this.
  5. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

katakam, dont worry the babies will be fine..my co-sis had a similar case two yrs back that too in a small place in India..two years down the lane and after spending 2-3 lakhs, now the two kids are healthier and chubby than their first kid who was born just an year before these twins..and this is what i was mentioning to my DH yesterday..god bless your kids..dont panic..keep calm

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh no! I've been a NICU mom and I can tell you the hardest part of my life was that. Hang in there, I prayed and prayed and my prayers were answered. My 29 weeker and his NICU "friend" a 26 weeker both managed to come home. I had no idea how I would make it but we did. I prayed to Guruvayurappan and Ayyapan every day. I told them that they were responsible for the two babies. I didn't know what to offer other than my self to these gods. I completely surrendered to them. I would pause outside the NICU doors every morning not knowing what awaited me inside but I prayed before going inside. I would take things one day at a time. I would see him making progress and then going back. Remember it's always one step forward two steps back in the NICU.
    After my DS came home his big sister went to Sabarimala with her dad, that was her offering for her brother coming home. Last year, I took him to Guruvayoor and we did multiple thulabaarams for him. One was with butter, Lord Krishna's favorite. We had placed "aalroopam" for him made out of gold. I removed my gold bangles and put it in the bhandaram and thanked him for keeping my son alive. I still have to take him to Garbharakshambikai temple and to Mookambika.
    I can't type anymore. Even after close to three years I'm in tears remembering those days. God was kind to us, I hope he is to you too. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

3 people like this.
  7. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

You do it any way you want to, as best as you can, in the best way your faith tells you to.

I had a very traditional upbringing. When I was growing up, I was taught that a temple is a scared space which provides a point of focus for worship. It is a useful, but artificial way to separate the sacred from the profane. We do this because, as flawed creatures, we are often unable to see the sacred in the mundane. We need to create a space, away from ordinary life, so that we can focus on faith. We build temple walls to segregate that space. However, it is important to remember that a temple is not a prison where God is trapped, unable to escape. You do not need a temple to pray.

You must have heard the story of Aandal? She (or rather her father Periyazhvaar) offered to Ranganatha, flowers she had already worn as a garland - that is why she is celebrated as "சூடிக்கொடுத்த சுடர்கொடி". The offering was not rejected - quite the opposite right?! Artificial distinctions between the sacred and the profane do not really matter.

Similarly, you do not really need rituals. They are mechanisms to help you take your attention away from the distractions of daily living and draw you closer to God. If you are thinking about your favorite TV series during worship then it is bereft of meaning right? The rituals themselves, in isolation, are meaningless. They provide a way to structure your meditative attention. A religious ritual is a technique. It is useful, but not absolutely necessary.

One of the most beautiful things in India is that almost any object can be sanctified as an object of attention - a rock on a roadside with a bit of turmeric and kum-kum or a tree. The bhakti-marga needs neither temples nor rituals.

I want you to know that this was really, actively taught to me, by my elders, when I was a little boy. I was always reminded to make an effort to distinguish what is necessary from what is not. This is not me doing the talking. It came from genuinely good people, strong in their faith. I hope I have been able to convey a little bit of their sincerity here.

Go ahead and pray in the simplest way possible, as best as you know how. Don't worry about the details.

Good Luck! I hope the twins grow up to be a handful!

8. Katakam123

Katakam123 Silver IL'ite

I can't find words to thank all of you for your courages words. You all are making me stronger, I will do the best for my babies thank you.

9. SriPriya123

SriPriya123 Silver IL'ite

Sweetheart , our prayers are with you and your cute twins

dont think about any negative thoughts.. Think positive and keep chanting mantra or a small prayer always.. Whatever u do.. Traveling or standing in a line or anything.. It's not like u only need to pray in a temple..

They will soon come out of nicu hale and healthy.. You will be in our prayers

stay strong!!

10. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Katakam

Om Sairam.
    Don't worry the babies will be fine and will come home safely. This is an era of modern medicine.

2 and half years back my sis in law had a similar issue, the baby was so tiny and was in nicu for 3.5 months now he is active and naughty little boy. Just hang on to your faith. I am sure they will be fine.

I will keep them in my prayers. Be strong and positive.

Sri Padarajam Saranam Prapadheye