Pressure Cooker Mutton Biryani

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by gtpoo, Jun 17, 2011.

1. gtpoo

gtpoo New IL'ite

I always prefer cooking dum biryani’s. I was in a wrong impression that pressure cooker biryani doesn’t turn out well, not until i made this mutton biryani recipe which was so yummy. It doesn’t taste like Hyderabadi Biryani, yet has got it’s own flavor can’t say no to it. Definitely goes into my blog.

Ingredients:

basmati rice – 4 cups
    mutton – 3/4 lb
    water – 5 cups
    butter milk – 2 cups
    ginger-garlic paste – 1.5 tsp
    onion – 1 thinly sliced
    tomato – 1 chopped
    green chillies – 3 slit
    meat tenderizer – 1 tsp
    mutton biryani mix – 1 tsp
    garam masala – 1.5 tsp
    curd – 3 tbspn
    chillie powder – 1 tsp
    coriander powder – 1 tsp
    salt – 3 tsp
    mint leaves – handful
    cilantro – handful
    lime juice – 1 tsp
    turmeric – 1/2 tsp
    ghee – 3 tsp
    bay leaf – 2
    cloves – 3
    cinnamon – 1

Method:

Marinate the mutton with ginger-garlic paste, curd, salt, chillie powder, little turmeric, meat tenderizer, lime juice, green chillies, mint leaves for 20 mins. Wash and drain rice and keep aside.

In a pressure cooker, heat ghee, add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, onions and saute them. Add little ginger-garlic paste and cook for 2 mins. Add tomatoes and cook till soft. Add the marinated mutton along with 1/2 cup water and little turmeric and cook for 3 mins. Close the lid and pressure cook it until 4 whistles. Allow it to cool down. The gravy should be thick, if it is watery allow it to cook till gravy becomes thick with lid open.

Add drained rice to this mutton along with water, buttermilk, coriander powder, mutton biryani mix, garam masala, mint leaves, cilantro and mix it gently. Close the lid and cook until 2 whistles. Let it cool down and mix it gently. Enjoy it alone or with mutton curry or raita.