Presenting Self....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by messedup, May 17, 2018.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @Star25 and @GeetaKashyap for the reply.
    Thank you for understanding and trying to help me out. I am fighting this battle daily but my speed of learning is very less as compared to the things that I need to learn. Every time I get messed up with lots of things and have to start my journey again after sometime and each time I have to push myself really hard. I know you all can only help me finding ways but I have to move to that path and find the success. Also I know that I am asking similar kind of things again and again. But the thing is every time I come to same point feel the same anxiety and also improve a bit from my previous situation. The journey is as long as my life is. But I really feel good whenever I feel something I just write here and you people are here to understand me and genuinely try to find out way outs for me. Thanks a lot. It really mean a lot.

For improving my confidence I have started taking some decisions although they are too small now also I now go out on my own for small tasks and soon will try to look out for a job. Will start from very small and will see what happen next.

Star25 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  2. September2015

September2015 Bronze IL'ite

Simple respect is earned not given away for free.
    My parents always encouraged me to speak my mind respectfully. They don't believe in blind respect. If elders don't show me respect I put them in their place tactfully. Make them see how rude they are. An excellent question when a person is over confident is "What's the point of this, and your initial message is...??" or "I don't really see how this will add value to my life but great it works for you!" LOL BOOM there are ways of talking to people to get them to shut up when they are bragging all the time. It's like putting hot coals on their head because you say that casually or with a smile or with a laugh lol

When someone is contradicting themselves point it out "Didn't you say XYZ before? What changed?" Let them know that you remember their words. Some may act like they didn't say what they said and to that you say: "Sure, ok, do what you must to make yourself feel good, I understand, you need that." and laugh it off and say you must use the restroom to make your exit LOL

There are people who like to hear themselves talk and people who talk when they actually have something important or interesting to say. Confidence should never be confused with emotional intelligence.

3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Sorry couldn't understand what you are trying to say. "Blind respect"??? I do not want or prove anyone stupid or something like that I just want myself to look not so dumb whom anyone can take for granted. But sometimes this too help in getting their love and support as they do not feel insecure of losing something from me. Thanks for the reply.

4. September2015

September2015 Bronze IL'ite

Getting someone's love by not being your real self...is that real love and support? If they make you feel the way you have described in your post, is their "love and support" really worth having??
    Stop acting like they are more valuable than you are. Learn to say no and keep your word. It's really simple. Blind respect is treating people better than they treat you for the simple fact "They are elders" or whatever other reason. Respect is EARNED not a default setting. If you are treated with respect, then by all means give respect. But if you are not treated with respect? Keep your distance---why worry about the opinion of people who may not even think of you as much as you think about them? You think they are agonizing, and worrying about what you worry about? I doubt it. It's a waste of time thinking about it, and waste of effort towards people who don't recognize your value. Recognize your value, it doesn't matter if other people don't-- there will be those that do. But you will not come across those that see you value if you spend all your efforts with those that don't consider your feelings at all. Please don't be desperate. Humans are not perfect, and will fail you when you think you have support. Be your own best friend. Quit relying on the opinions of others, are you really going to measure your value by other people's feelings about you? Realize that people's moods and feelings change every hour, that would be torture. Stop trying to march to other people standards and set your own.

messedup likes this.
  5. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

You are right. But my point is I don't have any problem in giving them respect and doing small things for them as when time come they too make all the efforts to help me and solve my issues. My problem is they are always able to prove themselves right even if they are not and I can't do this even if I am not wrong.