1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Preschool for 2 years old.....

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by jignasha27, Dec 9, 2011.

1. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi here in US school starts in September. my Ds will be exactly 2yrs and 2months by september. Is 2yrs too early age for preschool. Am stay at home mom. Reason why am asking this now is next month a preschool near my house have open house where we have to book our kids name and they will shortlist later on....
    Actually i am planning to visit india during september next year for 2-3 months. there is a small occasion and also many festivals during this time....but now if am planning to join him in school i have to cancel my trip. i can visit in summer but then i will miss occasion, navarathri and diwali ( that is the time when my sister whos married and everyone visits my moms place).

if nothing works then i will cancel my trip. am not able to decide with the thought that my kid will lag behind other kids of his age if i dont send him to school.

plz friends suggest something on this. i badly want to visit India during that time but not at the risk of my kids development.

Thnaks in advance,
    Jignasha.

2. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Once you are back to US after your vacation you can enroll your kid in the school. Some spots may be open.Why do you want to send him early? Its preschool which is optional. Only before 5 yrs, ie before starting the regular school,you can go on vacation anytime in the year, so enjoy that. Otherwise you'll be able to visit only during his summer vacation June-Aug. Enjoy your visit.

3. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks DST you replied. i was just wondering why no one is replying. i alos posted this in schoolgoers thred....even there no one replied....thanks :)... i will confirm with schools here wether they will enroll him in mid of year.

4. Ishu86

Ishu86 New IL'ite

In my case i started to send My daughter to myGym and i took her to story Telling From 13 months. Then when she was 2 years i joined her to Drop and go program which was for all the 5 days in a week she was crying in the beginning later on now every morning she is telling me schoooooooolllllll. The reason is here in US how much ever we keep the kids engaged at home they get bored and i feel if they go to preschools they will learn more.so my suggestion is:thumbsup