Preparation For Ivf...buddies Join Me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

THank you @Vasumathy

2. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

@Sags - Weight does play a role in ivf success I feel.. I had reduced a bit before my ivf it might have helped too.. Try to stick to around 1200 calories a day.. I know it's difficult to count calories..But I used this app called healthify.. and added whatever I'm eating in that..Good thing is all Indian foods r present it..We just need select the amount of food we had.. This way I understood how much I am eating.. Try n see that..Also, for protein you eat dal at least twice or thrice a week.. and eat all kind of pulse kala Chana,chole etc.. And soya too.. Since u r veg,u can use soya chunks frequently in curry or ur veggies.. Eat more of food based protein rather than protein shakes or powder.. Why I am saying so is, it wil make you put on weight(I don't know the exact reason why but have observed it with whoever has protein powder) ..Research more on internet how you can include protein more thru veg.. yes, no coffee please.. caffeine is not good fr fertility as well as implantation..avoid it absolutely during ur fet cycle..Instead have tea once a day and milk+women Horlicks(or any other health drink u like). And 15 mins walk or depends on ur stamina.. Dinner before 7.30 pm is best..All the best. Give ur best fr this cycle..

vanicha and Sags like this.
  3. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

Tha
    thanks for the app its really helpful

4. Aa11

Aa11 Bronze IL'ite

Daily include soaked almonds , Walnuts and raisins.If you make paneer at home you can use the left over whey water to make rotis..Whey is a source of protein.Everyday a sundal or dal should help..

vanicha likes this.
  5. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

But whenever i am quit coffee am constipated. Any remedies for this as well?

6. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

@Sags - cut down your coffee step by step.. like if you have it twice a day, then make it once a day every alternate day,,, then once a day,, and so on. Also drink lots of water, fruits(orange etc), banana, dates all these things wil help in constipation. Once you get pregnant, obviously you wil have to cut down coffee too and pregnancy already makes us constipated. So if you start now itself, its a practice for you :)

7. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

@Sags Chickpeas is very good source of protein. You can have it daily evening. I used it make like a salad, just add a few of your fav veggies and some salt and pepper. It also helps in reducing weight as we eat lesser carbs in the night. Coffee, my doc said one cup a day is okay. I could not cut down so I had like half cup in morning and half cup in the evening. All the very best for your FET cycle in August.

vanicha likes this.
  8. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    My fet is scheduled next week and i will not be able to check IL from tomorrow as I am moving to my mom place for help. Please pray for me that everything should go good.
    Any last minute tips would really help.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

All the best dear. Sticky baby dust to you..

10. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Congratulations, and good luck with your FET.

Regarding weight gain, I would suggest you not to worry too much. It could be due to the medication you have been put on. I was told by my doctor the same thing. I lost most of my weight that ingained during my IVF stimming cycle after I got my period. I felt so bloated that I could not even fit into my clothes, especially jeans and pants. I had to work from home in my pyjamas and did buy one set of clothes in a bigger size for my work and to wear when I had to go out.

Make sure you take lots of water and fluids. Watch your carb and sugar intake. And include lots of protein in your diet. And regarding physical activity, do as much as you can. If you do not have any pain or soreness from your retrieval, I guess you can walk and even run for a few miles. But make sure you do not push yourselves. If you or your doctor still feel that you need to lose weight to improve your chances, start a strict diet and workout regime.