Preparation For Ivf...buddies Join Me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

I second @hoping4amiracle @pihu123 32 is not a big number at all. Atleast trying with your one eggs worth it. Not sure about your doc but even i had similiar doc who is always negative. I had two appointments with him both the times he discouraged me .so i never went back to him though his success rate is pretty high. These things before doing them we sld believe. Be positive. All will go well.

vanicha and pihu123 like this.
  2. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Just want to know what is the procedure in fet cycle.
    I am taking lupride injections and progynova tab 2 times. Now my doc said that my endometrial lining is not so great with the given dose. And she has increased the tab into 3 times a day.
    In my past iui cycles, my lining was so good it reached 12mm my previous doc said it's good even without medication.
    I wonder what's wrong in this cycle and what they expect. Any ideas to improve my lining.

vanicha likes this.
  3. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Wish4miracle

For me too they prescribed progynova 3 times for better lining.... She also suggested me to have papaya during initial days of cycle for blood flow increase which will help lining...check with your doctor once before taking papaya.... . Don't sit n home thinking fet n go for walk till fet transfer happens..... Which will help...

See if lining is good else wait for next cycle as lining is important..... Good luck....

4. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Hi @vanicha
    Thank you for your inputs. I am and will do walking to increase the blood flow. i will check with my doc regarding papaya. i generally have hot feet and hands.. making me feel like its burning. consuming more water. but still have this issue.

vanicha likes this.
  5. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies

Just got the results of PGS.4 out of 5 embryos are normal with a good MITO score. If 4 out of 5 are normal then the out 4 embryos that were transferred atleast 1 sld be normal . But i ended in chemical pregnancy both the times. Asked my doc the same question but he said that can be badluck. Now am worried because how can we test this badluck thing all the time. I mean now that embryos are good and my uterus biopsy is done and good too. Is there anything that can be done?

vanicha likes this.
  6. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

It can be due to previous cycle,, Sometimes the effects of injections lurks around,, So dont worry, if doc feels ur lining is not apt.. She cant do it another month..

wish4miracle likes this.
  7. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

@Sags . It is wonderful that 4 out of 5 are good.. that means good embryo quality.. endo scratching done before ur FET? If not done, can do it before your cycle(I guess u have done it.. cant remember now though dear). Badluck is a possibility.. But we spend so much on ivf, that we cant take chances again and again.. Can it be implantation failure due to immune issues.. Do check with your doctor what are his/her views on it. It can be solved by giving steroids,and intralipids during or before cycle. Not many doctors believe in this, bt there are many who do too. And since u r in US, doctors could be more open to discussing than the ones here. Please check abt it. I really cant think of any more issues other than it because your age is fine, egg and embryo quality looks good, no endometriosis, hysteroscopy done, biopsy done.. All I can suggest after reading through an year of IVf stories and info is that check abt IID, endo scratching and yeah, ERA(endometrial receptive assay?? something like this which finds when is ur best time for implantation)

vanicha likes this.
  8. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

Hello @hoping4amiracle how are you doing?
    Thanks for your reply. Yes i had endo scratching done both the times. I did go to a doc for second opinion and he too said about IRA test. But its is again lot of money. So my husband is not leaning towards it as our doc didnt mention about it. We some how entered in to vicious cycle like spending thousands of dollors in these and not sure who to trust. Already in a financial mess and again around 10 grand for this tests which we are not sure if it really required makes my husband to step back i guess. Not sure when we will comeout of this.

vanicha likes this.
  9. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Silver IL'ite

Hi People,

An update from my end. Feeling a little low.
    I was preparing for a FET at the end of this month. Since I have multiple implantation failures the doctor was monitoring me quite closely. Everything seemed to going on fine with both endometrial thickness and embryo quality good. I always seemed to have moderate blood flow in my uterus even after taking medications. So the doctor wanted to assess my endometrial blood flows and prescribed a 3d scan for me.
    Unfortunately a polyp has developed and I cannot proceed for the embryo transfer as the implantation might not happen. This was detected only under the 3d scan , 2d scan could not confirm that it was a polyp.. Doctor has advised me for hysteroscopy.
    Apart from the disappointment, I am also worried as I had a polyp previously and had got it removed in Feb 2016. In less than 1.5 years I have got it again. The previous doctor who performed the procedure had assured me that it wont come back for 2.5 to 3 years. Has anybody got any further information on Polyps and why exactly they are formed. Your inputs will be valuable.

My another concern is even after taking medications my blood flow was moderate. I am not sure why blood flows have been compromised. I always have good endometrial thickness and quality of the embryos also was good. I feel the implantation is failing repeatedly only because of less blood flow.
    Any tips to improve the blood flow to uterus will be greatly appreciated.

vanicha likes this.
  10. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Silver IL'ite

@Sags, just to add on ERA testing. Since I had multiple implantation failures all the doctors were keen on making me undergo this test. Me and my husband were not interested, because it is expensive and also after undergoing the test it will give out results stating whether you have a pre receptive or post receptive endometrium. It is obviously very rare where you have performed the test on your receptive cycle.
    To get the exact receptivity time frame we have to keep repeating the tests, or else go by approximation based on the one test we have conducted. These seemed to me to be lot of trial and error.
    And after all this we are still not sure of implantation.
    Considering all this we dropped the idea of ERA testing.

vanicha likes this.