Preparation For Ivf...buddies Join Me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Jun 21, 2016.

1. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

I am fine dear.. And scan went well. It's good you are gng for PGS..hoping to get some good embies out of it,which wil implant strongly..tc

2. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Hi friends.... I did ivf last cycle but got negative....tey transferd 3 embroyos.... All r grade 1....and endometrium 's 9mm(triple line)everything 's good Don know the reason for failure.... I had one cyst and my body 's heat that might be the reason..... Please pour ur suggestions......

3. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Hello everyone,
    I know this post of mine is going to be long.Hope those who are reading this post will help me out.We were trying naturally to conceive for last 3 years but were not able to conceive.I did all the test like complete body check up,Fallopian tube test( Both tubes were found to be clear, dye test) ..All test reports came to be normal.The hospital now where i am Planning to do IVF , they called me on 2nd day of my periods to check the number of follicles and eggs. Unfortunately i had multiple small follicles in my right ovary and 3 to 4 follicles in my left ovary.Now the problem comes. At the time of scanning, my doctor told me that my right ovary is at the back of my uterus but its working fine. My AMH came to 1.30.Only at the time of retrieving eggs there will be problem.As my AMH is low, i need to go for Donor eggs as my number of eggs and quality might not be good because of my age issue.My age is 32.Then she told us to come on 18th day of my period to see endometrium thickness. In the mean while the doctor who checked on 2nd day of my period she went for vacation as summer holidays have started. So on 18th day , i went for scan. This scan was done by some other male doctor in which endometrium thickness was good and he told that in scanning he can notice fluid outside my fallopian tubes which he called as hydrosalphinx. Then he said howcome the lady doctor who scanned on 2nd day of my periods cannot find out that i have hydrosalphinx. Listening to that word i got scared as i had never heard that term from any of my friends or relatives or anyone.At the time of scanning they didn't even explain me what was that and asked me who has come along with me. I said my husband is sitting outside in the reception.Then the doctor called both of us to his cabin and said that looking at my reports..You need to block or clip the fallopian tubes by clipping ( By laproscopy) and go for donor eggs to get success in IVF.

Now my question is Howcome other doctors earlier cannot find out that i have fluid around my tubes and how the doctor at present whom i am consulting in absence of lady doctor now he can find out that only by scanning.Please ladies help me out.Should i go for second opinion to other hospital or should i trust on this doctor and move as per his sayings...

These doctors these days know how to play with patients emotions and take away all the hard earned money by us..If he is telling me to go for donor eggs, then why not should i adopt a kid...I am so sorry for such a long post..Can we cure Hydrosalphinx without surgery..can ayurvedic medicines help me out..If anyone has gone through this, its my humble request to help me out..I beg everyone out here as i feel i am completely depressed..I always feel like crying and do something to myself..Why God is taking such a big test of mine..Please help me someone

4. hoping4amiracle

@pihu123 - Are you consulting a good doctor? Why donor eggs at 32 when you have your own eggs. Egg quality declines considerably after 34 or 35.. And even in that case, still ivf with own eggs is mostly possible.. 40+ age has to go fr donor eggs most of the time.. This is absolutely rubbish to ask you to go for donor eggs without even trying with your eggs few times..
    1) Amh - 1.20 is low but it is not absolutely low like 0.3 etc.. I had Amh of 1.19(I guess) and 28 year old and only one ovary.. Still I had 3 eggs with short protocol (less dosage of medicines) and all 3 fertilized and one of them is the baby I am carrying from 6 months. So why not you? I had many women doing ivf with me in my batch,even 38 year old with 0.8 was allowed to try from their eggs.. Say NO for donor eggs until u have few failed cycles or you are not able to produce more than one egg during your ivf.
    2) Hydrosalpinx - Yes this is an issue and it reduces ivf rate a lot.. Hydrosalpinx is little tricky to diagnose,many doctors may think it as cyst etc. So get 2nd opinion on this. do not get it clipped without second opinion, have it scanned again and see if there is Hydrosalpinx for sure. IF YES,get it clipped and proceed for ivf with your own eggs.

Please don't be depressed.. U are 32 only, it's not too late. I don't even know how your doctor suggested donor eggs when you have 3 follicles in one ovary and few small ones in another(they will grow during ivf obviously).. Be strong and be your own advocate otherwise there are many doctors who are ready to fool us.. take care

Agony, jillcastle, Sags and 1 other person like this.
  5. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

@hoping4amiracle Thank you so much for your reply and help.Your reply has given me so much comfort.I am also planning to go for second opinion.Does Hydrosalphinx issue rectified by ultrasound? Will Hydrosalphinx obstruct me to conceive naturally ? Do This Hydrosalphinx problem come in every cycle? Can't this water be removed or reduced by any other method other than Laproscopy? I am very much tensed and depressed.Blaming myself that why all these things happened with me.Thank you so much for your help.

vanicha likes this.
  6. hoping4amiracle

@pihu123 - Hydrosalpinx is not a treatable issue. Once fluid comes in Ur tube, we have to either aspirate it with a needle during egg retrieval or get it clipped before ivf.. if Hydrosalpinx in both tubes,natural conception is difficult.. It's kind of toxic fluid which won't allow embryos to implant. So 2 options are these - 1) Aspirate it - They Wil do this with a needle attached to vaginal ultrasound same like retrieving eggs under anaesthesia..It is done along with egg retrieval so you don't have to undergo anaesthesia twice. Also, one minus point here is many ppl get the fluid back again quickly within days which doctors think will affect implantation. 2) Laprascopy as your doctor suggested.
    In your case,first get the Hydrosalpinx diagnosis properly. Go to another do ..get scanned again and then proceed.

Agony and vanicha like this.
  7. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Sure definitely @hoping4amiracle ..will check with some other doctor and get it done as soon as possible.Thank you so much for replying.

8. hoping4amiracle

There can be no particular reason for a single ivf failure. Every cycle gives around 40% of Chance. Maybe just bad luck this time.. :(
    However, if you did fresh transfer. Go for frozen transfer next time.. all the best

Agony and vanicha like this.
  9. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

@pihu123
    U consult once to my doctor which I already suggested u..she is having very good knowledge. defiantly she will help you and no money minded..

vanicha likes this.
  10. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks @28neha ...Will definitely consult her.Please let me know the name of the doctor...Thank you so much for your help..How are you and baby? Hope everything must be good at your end.