Preparation For Ivf...buddies Join Me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Jun 21, 2016.

1. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Silver IL'ite

@Sags Before the embryo implantation the blastocyst has to hatch out from its protective outer covering and then attach itself to the uterine wall. In case of Laser assisted hatching this outer cover is removed and then the embryo is transferred.
    Since the embryo now has only the job of attaching itself to the uterine wall it is said to boost the chances of implantation.
    This usually is suggested for aged woman or those who have repeated implantation failures. You can check once with the doctor. Even if you do not ultimately go for it I guess there is no harm in finding more information.
    All the best to you.

28neha likes this.
  2. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

@sunnysideup thank you much for valuable information. Will discuss this with my doctor. And i have another question i.e. During our fresh ivf cycle we transferred 2 embryos of good quality but the hcg was 8 and then dropped. This time during for FeT also we transferred 2 embryos again of good quality and hcg is 23 this time anddropped. Does this number is any indication?

3. Miraclemamma

Miraclemamma New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    Thought of sharing my success story with all here just to offer hopes n positivity.
    I have also been through this journey and every single success story on these boards would keep my hopes alive. I would always read the posts on this site but this is the first time I signed up here.
    Long story short...I also had low amh of 0.4 and had been advised donor eggs after my failed ivf attempt where they could not get even one follicle after stimming even on high doses. After all you need only one good follicle for one healthy baby but I didn't get even that. I decided not to give up but before I should give myself time to accept my situation and maybe grieve or cry. Finally after 6 myths tried again with a new doctor, drastic lifestyle changes n with loads of positive attitude. Ended up with four follicles and three embryos out of which only one survived and is sleeping here in front of me... my miracle baby girl.
    Let me know if I can be of help to anyone here.

4. laks82

laks82 Junior IL'ite

Hi sags
    Iam so sorry for what ur going thru
    I have been thr once(chemical pregnancy)
    Let me share a few things Wht I learned in this long journey
    My RE says one of the cause may be due to chromosomal abnormality in embryo, others - unrecognized clotting factors deficiency , immunological problems
    So for such cases pgd/ccs testing may be helpful
    They take a few cells from 5 day embryo and check for all 23 pairs of chromosomes , so we know which ones r normal or abnormal
    Generally they take cells from embryo before freezing it .
    Seems u have already frozen few embryos, so ask ur RE whether u can do this test ( make sure by this thawing and again refreezing embryo is it safe )
    Hope this helps u a little
    Regards
    Laxmi

vanicha and 28neha like this.
  5. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Silver IL'ite

@Sags , the levels might be only the HCG shots which you would have taken as a part of your treatment plan and which might still be in your blood stream at the time of the test. In my previous cycles also i had levels of 6, 23, 35 etc. But all these levels are very low after 14 days of ET. My suggestion would be not worry on these numbers(as they are very low) and focus more on the next cycle.
    Baby dust to you.

vanicha likes this.
  6. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

Thank you dear laxmi for yor reply. I did discuss with doc and as we already have 5 frozen embryos he said we may loose 1. So we are heading to PGS soon. I have no clue if this really helps but doing it cause we are already in the middle of the road and cant quit .

vanicha likes this.
  7. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

No as this is frozen cycle no HCG shot was taken.

8. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

@Sags what reason doc is giving for failure cycles ????

vanicha likes this.
  9. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

@28neha for the first cycle failure they said its high estrogen and now for fet they think problem could from embryos so suggested pgs

vanicha likes this.
  10. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

oh ok ...all the best :) dont worry very soon u vl hv your LOs :)