Preparation For Ivf...buddies Join Me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Jun 21, 2016.

1. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Hi

I got my blood reports today. My AMH came out very low i.e. 1.2ng/ml. Doctor prescribed ovares plus for three months. And scheduled for ivf after three months. @Agony @Vasumathy need your guidance. She said with this amh we can't even go for ivf. She ruled out that i am not pco patient because in that case it would have come very high. Serum prolactin came 30.60...she prescribed cabergolin .TSH was 4.98, she prescribed medicine for that as well that i need to take early morning before tea/coffee.She will monitor next cycle with clofert and also told to go for some panchkarma or yoga. Guys can AMH improve? what are the chances? Anyone else in the same situation. join me. @28neha did you decide about your next step?
    I read that AMHcan vary with CD, is that true?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    Jyotirmoyi and 28neha like this.

2. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

Hi msms,
    My last doc prescribed me ovaries plus .I bought those tab but not taken coz at that time we both decided to take break n not to continue with that goc coz she was nt having any facilities..

No dear still not decided few points need to be get clarified so waiting for weekend to visit again..
    Its good u got sufficient time to prepare your body and mind for this journey utilize it ..

I am scared to go for further test ..just finger Crossing everything should be normal...:)

msms likes this.
  3. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

@28neha was your amh low? or is it a general medicine that doctors give before ivf?

4. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

I think its general.. My amh was 7 in Aug 2015 and 2012 it was 2.5..doc told it varies lab to lab ...but this much variation:flushed:..
    Let's see again I will under go this test at that time I will update.

5. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Really? it increased with time..thats great no. I am so much worried about amh. She told me your fertility level is very low..:(...

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

AMH is usually not dependent on CD, like FSH. But it can certainly change. You can start taking some supplements in the three months you are waiting for IVF. Google 'CCRM IVF cocktail' for details. Don't take melatonin if you have thryoid issues. See if you can get a copy of 'It begins with the egg' for more nutrition and other tips.

madras2018, msms and 28neha like this.
  7. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

Still i don't knw dear wether that report is right or not.. :( I will come to knw only after repeating these tests again.

8. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hello!

Before u plan ur IVF, get ur mind & body prepared.

Iam assuming ovaries plus is DHEA? It's usually prescribed in a dose of 75mg/day * 3months.
    My very good friend who conceived naturally recently had a low amh diagnosed last year when she met a gyn after she was TTC for a long time post an abortion. The report came very low 0.3. She was put on DHEA for 3 months and when she retested it had improved to 1.3.. Which is a good improvement.

Please get ur vitamin D3 also checked. They say that a low vitD3 can affect ur AMH. If found low correct it and then retest. My friend said she took an injection n sachets for 3 months. May be all these factors together could have reflected in her last report.

So keep ur hopes high and think only positive.

And yes Amh does vary with cycle. Amh does not vary with CD though, that's why it can be done on any day of the cycle.

What's the AFC?
    Amh in itself is not the best guide to assess. Doctors check AFC Amh both .

And Iam surprised ur doctor thinks that IVF is not possible with an Amh of 1.3.
    They usually suggest for a donor egg at an amh below 0.3.
    Are u sure this doctor is trust worthy ?
    Pls take a second opinion.. I don't like this doctor tbh.

Ur LUF could have been due to high prolactin. There u got the diagnosis.

Now I would suggest u meet another doctor and take an opinion.
    Start with ur medicines and practice yoga , eat healthy sleep well.. This preparation is very necessary..

All the best ..

9. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

@msms

And in the meanwhile continue to try naturally ..
    Dunno why I feel u may conceive naturally once u start ur medicines to correct prolactin / TSH.
    B stress free.. Think positive and pray to God..
    Who knows u may have a miracle .. :)
    All the best !

28neha likes this.
  10. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Hi msms,

Count me in too. I have my next RE visit in 10 days and I am sure she would want me to move to IVF. But I am gonna take 3 months break. Will read other replies on how to be prepared for the IVF cycle. I researched a lot about IVF and I have kind of prepared myself for the physical and financial aspect. Emotional side, I need to prepare more. :)

Stickiest baby dust to all of us!