Prenatal classes/ Childbirth queries answered

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Dwirakhi, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am Rakhi, fascinated with pregnancy, childbirth and above all babies. And destiny put me on the road which turned my passion in to my profession. Qualified as a physiotherapist and counselor, my own challenging pregnancy and childbirth experience taught me lessons in life that lead to the opening of a one of a kind Maternity studio catering to the needs of a couple expecting a baby dealing with pregnant women in areas of Antenatal and post natal- fitness, Diet, Child birth, Lactation, Stress, Back care, Incontinence and other Child birth related issues for 11 years.

we believe that an expectant mother and her baby are a single entity. If you take care of yourself during pregnancy, your baby will be healthy and happy for life!

Love

Rakhi

1 person likes this.

2. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Re: Prenatal classes/ Childbirth classes in Chennai

Dear Ladies,

If you have any quires related to pregnancy pls feel free to ask me in this forum. When ever i have time, i will answer all your quires and doubts.

Love you all.... Take care....

Love
    -------
    Rakhi

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rakhi...my name is Rakhi too! Good to see this thread. I am 7 weeks pregnant (well, tomorrow I will be 7 weeks) and I was thinking of joining prenatal yoga classes mainly due to 2 reasons:

1. My long commute to a demanding job which hardly gives me time to exercise.
    2. Little or no knowledge about healthy life style and a calm mind which is a must for a good pregnancy, my and my babies well being.

I am thinking that prenatal yoga would help bridge that gap.

Now, is 7 weeks too early? If not, how many days a week is good enough?

4. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Rakhi,

Hope you are doing fine with the initial changes that the pregnancy is bringing about. I would suggest that you complete at least 12 to 16 weeks before you sign up for any classes. Meanwhile just take care of yourself with a balance in eating healthy at regular intervals, having enough water, getting active when ever time permits at work or home even if it means a five mint of moving around. Work on keeping a balance on juggling between leisure, work and home front.

With us the sessions are on the weekends and we will work around doing the best in the available circumstances. Leave that to us.

Take Care, God Bless and Stay Happy!

Rakhi

sindmani likes this.
  5. aashi1983

aashi1983 Senior IL'ite

Hey Rakhi,

Nice to see this thread. I have enrolled for the prenatal classed organized by the hospital i am visiting. My classes are starting from tomorrow. I will have more to share after that.

luv aashi

6. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Aashi,

Congratulation of your pregnancy!

Sure, you can share your experience with me. If you have any doubt feel free to ask me. And all the best for your classes.

Take care....

Rakhi

1 person likes this.
  7. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Hi rakhi,

Nice to know about you.Iam making a list of the questions and post it here once Iam done.Thanks.

8. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rakhi,
    I am in 31 st week. I was not very active all these days due to many reasons.Just for past 1 week started going for walk for 20-40 min.

I think it is too late for signing up for pre-natal classes. I might join yoga classes for breathing exercises this weekend.

I have very bad feet swelling. My pressure is normal. So doctor told not to worry much and gave some tips. Though i do them, the swelling is still there.
    May be becos of water retention my weight is on higher side. As I am not eating anything great compared to how i was before pregnancy. Everything as usual. I am keeping my legs elevated..when im in office. I want to know elevated is how much hieght. Is it ok.if the legs are in the same height as you hip in sitting postion or even higher than that???
    I am drinking min 3 litres of water alone. Other fluids (soup/tea/milk/porridge) add up to another min 500ml. Is that not enouh?
    I tried barley water but no difference so i stopped.
    Initially it was like i was peeing very less compared to what I was drinking. But i think it is better. Atleast I am running to loo often as i drink.

Any tips will be useful.

I have wrist pain on left hand mainly if i move my thumb (i am not left handed and don't use left hand for mouse).... my doc told it is due to water retention only.

9. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rakhi,

I am 5 month pregnant, could you tell me the correct position during sleeping. most of them are telling that we should not sleep on back, only sides are recommended is that correct?

Thanks

Magee

10. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear AVM,

Good to know you will be signing up for some breathing classes,it will help!

Water retention is very normal at this stage! Try and keep your feet up so that your knees are straight and if you can keep moving your feet as if you were using a sewing machine,should help with the swelling!

Water consumption is good. 20 mints of walking seems fine! Keep moving through out the day whenever you can!

Don't stress on the left thumb icing luke warm water dip and gently rubbing some cream in your palms should do well! Try immobilising it with a crepe bandage if it hurts too much.

Take Care and God Bless!

sindmani likes this.