Pregnancy Announcement

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Mishkaa, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Mishkaa

Mishkaa Senior IL'ite

How did you and your spouse announce your pregnancy to your parents?(would be grandparents?) I'm looking for ideas to make it special for them as it's their first grand child

2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations!! @Mishkaa

Sorry no ideas from me. So thoughtful of you , eons ago when I tested positive and the reality sank into us, I picked up the phone and blurted out excitedly to mom that I am pregnant. She must have been shocked because I told her we had planned not to have for 3 years. And here I was in 2 years announcing my pregnancy:flushed:

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Couple of ideas , though I picked up phone and just blurted the news to my parents
    • If your mom is into knitting, gift her a knitting set when you meet next. When she asks why, say it's to prepare for the little one arrival.
    • You can write a letter on behalf of yet to born child and courier the same... Dear Grandparents, I'm scheduled to reach on expected due date), by then revise all the lullabies, bring out mom's old dolls and pamper my mom..Love.. Your first grandchild
    • If you have your and your DH's child hood photo, put it in the photo frame with a vacant spot 'Coming soon' and gift them
    • Make a formal promotion letter..like they give out in office. Due to your prayers and wishes, you have been promoted for post of grandparents signed by you and hubby. attach lab results as annexure

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  4. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Congratulations mishkaa.
    For me, I SMS ed them three plus signs. :) to their mobile. First they were like "what is this? Can't understand" but immediately they realized "oh oh OMG" ....

5. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

I announced through Skype so I could see .(neither my parents or my in laws were with me at that time) I wanted to see their reaction!! . :)

If they are with you do it over a evening tea. You don't want to miss that excited moment :)

6. Mishkaa

Mishkaa Senior IL'ite

Great ideas all..